Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

Classy

Refreshing. It's bad enough with the disaster, it's another to get bills for damaged equipment. We'll see how Verizon handles this situation.

There is hope for corporate America.

Not to be cynical, but I think they will get comped by FEMA or insurance, but this is first class regardless.

Os

join:2011-01-26
US
I know the Dolans and Cablevision get hammered a lot for various reasons, but they seem like a pretty good company overall in focusing on their customers.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
reply to elefante72
its a good move business wise. they can write this off in their taxes as a business expense while also not gaining the negative PR of sending a bill for the cost of the DVRs in someone's home that washed away or burned.

The cost of new hardware is very likely far less than the cost of negative PR. Money is recovered in a mere months at what cable costs these days. Bad PR lingers for years.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to elefante72
There are certain types of claims you can make as a business for this type of disaster so I would imagine they are going to make claims and take write offs so that it balances out in the end.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to elefante72
Very good. Much better than Charter was for Katrina in Louisiana, MUCH MUCH BETTER.

NickD
Premium
join:2000-11-17
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to elefante72
Better than the company that told a customer to "look around the neighborhood" for their cable box after a tornado.

Comcast is also opening up its Xfinity Wifi hotspots all over its service area for the next 2 weeks.