Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast

Re: [Raiding] Mean People Suck

Fair enough, but I was also speaking to that. I still maintain a /friends list (like we did in the old days) and have our guild and know of at least one other guild that has some genuinely good people. The only thing truly hurting my social experience is losing people from the server. It's not the same as it was... but I still maintain that it has only gotten better... despite the new tools exposing me to more of the mean people.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

I could go on about codes of honor and such, but ill be brief, yes you can still find/make friends in the game. I at one time was very, very well known on my server, i played with the motto "If its red its dead" and if you was a rogue i camped you till you either logged or got friends to make me leave or i just couldnt find you anymore. with how blizzard has chosen the path of xrealm, LFR and LFG with players from other servers, the bad players are just leaving the worst expierences for players and it shoudnt be that way. I wish there was a better punishment system but thats impossible or unrealistic
I was out in dread wastes creating some pvp havoc, good old world pvp in action! and ended up making enemies(nothing makes me feel happier when they create or log onto an alt on my faction pst me with taunts\insults or trash talking) and added some players to my friends list who had a ton of fun and would like to stay in touch with me to do it again someday.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
OP must be gay. Sorry, couldn't resist.
said by Immer:

I still maintain a /friends list

I used to that for a different reason--lots of pugged raids on my server meant loot ninjas pulling in unsuspecting raiders, so I would add them to my friends list and then add a note about their real name so I knew who they were after they paid for the name change. Then call them out in /2 and force them to pay another $25 to change it again. I know I personally caused a couple bans and a couple loot re-distributions by getting an entire raid of duped people to put in tickets naming the ninja and who got the highest roll and should have received the item. You'd know because the ninja hadn't logged in and that gear slot was empty on his armory. A good feeling.

With LFRs I usually just shut up and ignore the drama--LFR can be finicky and too few people read kick reasons so the douche just might get you quickly kicked, out of group apathy. Which means another long wait queue if you're dps. People get their panties bunched up too quickly over online name calling. I was always told that if you tangle with a pig, both of you end up muddy, but the pig enjoyed it.

If I'm tanking, I tend to take over the RL role and will actively call out the bads, the fails, and the undergeared if we are wiping, because it's my job as tank to get the group through the instance and down the final boss. People tend to respect that too, but not so much coming from a DPS.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jodokast

Premium Member

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

I at one time was very, very well known on my server, i played with the motto "If its red its dead" and if you was a rogue i camped you till you either logged or got friends to make me leave or i just couldnt find you anymore...I was out in dread wastes creating some pvp havoc, good old world pvp in action! and ended up making enemies(nothing makes me feel happier when they create or log onto an alt on my faction pst me with taunts\insults or trash talking)

ah.... so what you really miss is being INfamous... not just famous... but INfamous.
Jodokast

1 edit

Jodokast

Nah, I still do world pvp. never needed or cared of the fame, reason i would do world pvp was for the RP aspect, i am at War against Ally and it would make me laugh when i would fly over see red, stop gank them and get ready to move on to find out that the horde that was with him would yell at me for killing their friend, i said if they was your real friend they would have rolled Horde
but no, i dont need the fame as a reason to fight. i just like a good challenge, i take it as a compiment to my skills if ally groups up to kill me

ill add in that at one time i had laid claim to Lost Riggers cove in Tanaris on my Rogue, that if any Ally entered the cave to get into lost rigger they would die or have to pay a tribute, I had camped that area of the zone so much that entire guilds would come to clear me/us out, i was ganking so much that my "infamous" behavior created a following of fellow rogues and this one girl who was very good at being a rogue and everyone knew her ended up joining me, oh the merry times we had, just the two of us could kill anyone before they had a chance and we would get away without dying.

this is what being part of a server ment, a comradie and fellowship, strong bonds of friendship was created, knowing other players respecting them for their skills, thats not so easy to find now, i dont think ill ever like the phase xrealm function, or LFR
mean people not only suck but ruin a good expierence for most players.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I hope to god you're on an RP-PVP server, or else you're just a giant ass interfering with people's daily grind.

Blizzard has botched the Alliance vs. Horde aspect of the game so hard anyways. There were many times in the WotLK, Cata, and MOP storylines I wanted everyone on both sides to die. There is a complete lack of diplomats and people with peaceful intentions.

I think, based on your faction, you should start out hated to the extreme by the other faction, but let you start to earn favor by extending an olive branch, and eventually become at least officially accepted by the rulers of the other faction (the orc that saved Stormwind, etc.). Then Blizzard could explore themes like racial extinction, genocide, racism, and intolerance...

... which would make it an awful lot like The Witcher or the Dragon Age series.

tl;dr ganking just to gank and creating your own fun by ruining others and then calling it RP is just childish if you aren't on an RP server.
Jodokast

Jodokast

Krisnatharok- PVP in a WAR game.

take a moment and think about a simple basic principle. World of WARcraft, its not called make peace craft, this aint dominos or hop-scotch

if you want a non combative game you really, picked the wrong game. yes you can make a toon on a non-pvp server. bg's, arenas or controlled enviroments for battling is only a part of the game. RED means enemy, you may choose to avoid a fight thats your right, out in the world. but if your red and i see you, 90% im going to stop and attack you. hoping of course that i win the fight and kill you.

it sounds like your ally and a rogue
and i can only interfer with a persons daily grind if they are on a pvp server. but that goes both ways. i have been ganked plenty of times, all part of the game of war.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Thrall would disagree about killing everything in sight. I like how you claim you're RPing but really are just a lousy griefer out to prevent others from enjoying the game. You're probably a skilled opponent, but trying to kill someone until they log is not RPing shit. Anyways, see the OP.

I play many chars, but all Horde.

Thanks for espousing the idea that just because you CAN do something means you SHOULD.
Jodokast

Jodokast

uh oh, you starting to get personal attacking me. so im done in this thread. i hope you have a fun and great weekend. take care.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 edit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Griefers pick on the weak and the easily killable, oftentimes ridicule them (lol u alliance brah?), but disappear as soon as a real fight shows up.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

the same thing can be said about horde, just accept the fact that there is large amounts of dumb on both sides of the flag and move on.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

This has nothing to do with being Alliance or Horde.
Josof
join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Josof to Jodokast

to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

Nah, I still do world pvp. never needed or cared of the fame, reason i would do world pvp was for the RP aspect,

if you happen to be on Emerald Dream U.S. let me know and ill keep an eye out (arrow notched) for you. I like to RP as the grief police in Half Hill and respond to any Hordies campin Alliance lowbies.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Jodokast

to Jodokast
i was on stonemaul for all of wotlk, never heard of you. i was in final ascension and schizm guilds.