join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

4 edits

1 recommendation

reply to sokhapkin

Re: Where are the SERVERS ? - Summary

said by sokhapkin:

What is the point of this thread? Where is the summary?

Thanks for dropping in.

After what just happened to CallCentric in its NYC operations (and what VOIP.MS managed to avoid in theirs), this short thread is intended to become a ONE-STOP SUMMARY of the scattered info about VoIP providers' server locations and failover redundancy plans, some of which I have seen posted in various other recent threads here (often for the first time), plus info about additional VoIP providers of which I did not know before.

Therefore I would be both pleased and honoured if you would post the info for CallWithUs.

sokhapkin
Premium
join:2003-05-08
North Fort Myers, FL

1 recommendation

Good. Where is the URL of the summary?
--
»www.callwithus.com

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

this thread itself is supposed to become a summary of all of the scattered info about VoIP providers' servers and of their redundancy plans

Can you edit your first post in the thread so that all the info is consolidated there, rather than having to scan through the thread?

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
START Today!

2 edits
reply to sokhapkin
said by sokhapkin:

Good. Where is the URL of the summary?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

This thread IS the summary of what I have been able to find elsewhere, with contributions from other folks too, hopefully including yourself.

You are already here : »SERVER & GENERATOR LOCATIONS

Your website URL is helpful and appreciated, but I'm trying to only put the info about server locations and redundancy plans, and not other details of functions and features.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
START Today!

4 edits
reply to espaeth
said by espaeth:

said by Davesnothere:

this thread itself is supposed to become a summary of all of the scattered info about VoIP providers' servers and of their redundancy plans

Can you edit your first post in the thread so that all the info is consolidated there, rather than having to scan through the thread?

I guess I could try that, but this is not a very long thread as it is.

Some of this info is in/from the 109 page omnibus CallCentric thread too »CallCentric tech issues today? , and I think that by getting it into here I have already reduced peoples' reading times considerably.

Also, some posters in the current thread, while their input is still valuable, have given incomplete info, and I encourage them to return and edit their posts if they learn any more about those particular providers during the next couple of days, before their posts get frozen.

Plus I was thinking of doing a spreadsheet or some sort of table afterwards, but I wish to wait a bit longer to see how many more providers get listed here.

And yes, I realize that DSLR locks each post after about 5 days.