uniqs
share rss forum feed

Calmuser

join:2011-10-27
Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thinking about Switching from Bell Fibe 16

okay, my Year Promo price at Bell should be ending soon. So I am researching other providers that I can switch to, and I have a couple of questions.

There is no way to get 16 anymore? only 15? I can't get the 10 upload as my area doesn't support it.

As I have Fibe 16 already with a potts splitter etc. Will a tech still need to come if I switch?

What about downtime when switching? as I sell on ebay and Amazon I need internet! I can prob borrow my neighbours Bell in a pinch if I have to. (well hopefully they will let me if I ask!)

And what would be the best course to do this?

Call Bell, ask to Cancel (listen to their begging me to stay offers) then call Teksavvy or use the online form on the website?

Also aside from all the bad reviews from the others, why should I go to teksavvy instead of Acanac or similar?

Hopefully teksavvy is also avail in my area just got HS a little over a yr and a half ago now.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Hi Calmuser,

Unfortunately, Bell changed the 16Mbps package to 15. You must be grandfathered. It is possible they place you on a higher profile thus getting 16 or more, however we can't ask for it.

A tech would be required. All the work is already done, however it is Bell's Policy to send two techs, 1 (Bell) to do CO/Framework and 2 (Telecon) to do prem work. Since all is done, it will be relatively painless.

Best way to switch is to call bell, place a cancellation for a weekday that is at least 5 days out from the day you call us. Provide a TekSavvy associate with your requested package and let them know what date the cancellations is set for. This is the day we will aim for.

This may create a little downtime on that day but ultimately, it "SHOULD" be seamless.

TekSavvy may often be dependent on the incumbents for their network stability and policies, however we deliver an amazing Customer Experience. We genuinely care about our customer and that is something you will find a lot of proof about online, especially DSLr.

Hope this helps,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thanks Andre.

Yes i'm grandfathered, I signed up last yr sometime!

But how can Acanac still offer 16Mmbps if you can't?

So I may get lucky that Bell leaves my profile as it is?

Okay so lets get this straight. I call Bell on Monday and tell them to cancel my service for next Monday? then call you guys right away stating my cancel date of next Monday?

What if Bell says, call back next Monday if you want to cancel then!

Hopefully they don't claim on a contract, as I never signed one.

I understand the CS issues, but I am concerned about the HIGH wait times I keep reading about though.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Calmuser

I am not sure why they are still quoting it at 16.

As for the timeframes, you are correct. The longer the gap between your disconnection date from the day you call us the better. I would be really surprised if Bell told you to call and cancel the day you want. Typically they either ask you to cancel for 30 days out or to match your billing cycle.

Wait times are a little high, we are working on them though... Leap of faith I guess.

I can tell you that The entire executive team is really putting some serious effort in getting out waitimes and customer experience factors to the all time best.

Hope this helps,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Follow me on Twitter!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Thanks again for the reply's Andre.

So I guess my best bet to avoid any problems is the cancel 30 days out correct? Giving everyone plenty of time to get things right. Do I call you guys immediately after giving my 30 days notice or do I need to wait?

I will seriously be considering TekSavvy once my promo pricing ends!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Calmuser

Glad to hear we are still in the running

Yes, 30 days is honestly best. Make sure that the 30 days is a weekday, not a holiday either.

Once the cancellation is in, give us a call 1-877-779-1575 and we will place the order through.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Follow me on Twitter!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

A couple of more questions I thought of Andre.

Let say I sign up for Unlimited on 15/10 since I'm way way behind on downloads due to Bell's low cap. After a couple of months of get ting caught up on my downloads. I find out that I can live within the 300GB plan. Will it cost me to downgrade to the 300GB plan later on?

Also I want to be sure I can get TekSavvy since as I've said only around sometime with the last yr and a half, DSL has been avail to me. I plugged in my address and # into your website it says I quality for the 15/10. So should it all be good with that check?

I don't want to cancel Bell and find out I can't get TekSavvy! and end up having to crawl back to Bell.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32

There is not charge to change the plan when it comes to the bandwidth usage.

As for qualifying the address, please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum & we'll check your address.

As for the 15/10 goes, unless you go with a business service, we only have 25/10 for residential.
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Well I can't get 25/10, since my lines can't support it. Most I can get is 15/1, as I have 16/1 now and I get full speeds. But the plan is listed at 15/10 (well it was!, its 15/1 now opps!) and I know I can't get the 10 upload though.

So your saying only 25 avail for Res?

okay I'll do a post in the direct forum once I get closer to making my decision and my Bell price plan is up!

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

personally i would Just order teksavvy service to go in Asap on the second pair and allow them to overlap. that way no downtime.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Calmuser

okay, my Bell Bill finally doubled in cost today!

Cancelled Bell (without a lot of fuss, they didn't even try to get me to stay!)

Called up Tek and got my conformation # and pending install date of Feb 22.

I hope I made the right decision and everything is setup correctly.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10

Hi Calmuser,

If you want to send me a PM TSI Jonathan See Profile with your account info I can take a look for you and make sure everything is on track.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know at the same time. I'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Calmuser

Canada

thanks Jonathan.

PM Sent!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

okay everything is looking good for the 22nd

Tested out the Login and its working and got line stats to compare when i'm fully transferred!

Don't want to switch over completely yet since Bell is charging me $90 after tax for my Fibe 16 right now.. so I need to LEECH every last byte I can of my 75gb.. now to find more cheap steam games!

But I have some questions for anyone else who did the transfer..

When did Bell's login and email stop working?

if it still working on the 22nd does it mean Bell didn't cancel my account like they said?

Most likely I except Tek won't be able to proceed with the install, if that happens...

skyR

join:2007-01-14
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Calmuser:

okay everything is looking good for the 22nd

Tested out the Login and its working and got line stats to compare when i'm fully transferred!

Don't want to switch over completely yet since Bell is charging me $90 after tax for my Fibe 16 right now.. so I need to LEECH every last byte I can of my 75gb.. now to find more cheap steam games!

But I have some questions for anyone else who did the transfer..

When did Bell's login and email stop working?

if it still working on the 22nd does it mean Bell didn't cancel my account like they said?

Most likely I except Tek won't be able to proceed with the install, if that happens...

I switched from 12/1 (Bell) to 15/1 (Teksavvy) not too long ago. The tech that visited me didn't do anything since I already had a POTS splitter installed, I guess he'll be installing a splitter for you if you don't already have one installed.

Everything else happens on their end.

I never checked whether my Bell login stopped working or not. I used my Teksavvy login weeks before my actual activation date. On the activation date, the DSL restarted and my profile got changed from 12/1 to 15/1 but later on in the day, it restarted again and profile dropped to 3/1 (that's what Bell does to lines that are getting canceled I guess, thanks Bell). I posted on the directforum and it got fixed the next day. On my billing date with Bell, the profile dropped again to 3/1 (thanks Bell), contact Teksavvy again and it got fixed next business day.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by skyR:

I switched from 12/1 (Bell) to 15/1 (Teksavvy) not too long ago. The tech that visited me didn't do anything since I already had a POTS splitter installed, I guess he'll be installing a splitter for you if you don't already have one installed.

Everything else happens on their end.

I never checked whether my Bell login stopped working or not. I used my Teksavvy login weeks before my actual activation date. On the activation date, the DSL restarted and my profile got changed from 12/1 to 15/1 but later on in the day, it restarted again and profile dropped to 3/1 (that's what Bell does to lines that are getting canceled I guess, thanks Bell). I posted on the directforum and it got fixed the next day. On my billing date with Bell, the profile dropped again to 3/1 (thanks Bell), contact Teksavvy again and it got fixed next business day.

Hmm, I hope my profile doesn't keep getting dropped!

I do have a Pots splitter already installed. So the tech really doesn't need to do anything.

Still wondering about the login, but thanks for your input!

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Martin

said by TSI Martin:

There is not charge to change the plan when it comes to the bandwidth usage.

Sure wish I had known about that when I was back on DSL.

Calmuser

Canada
reply to Calmuser

ack! the spam Bell Promo calls just started today.

Got one, and no one was on the line!

Maybe their thinking if the call enough just to bug me, I will switch back?!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Calmuser

okay switched to the Tek login tonight, in case Bell decide to Bill me more for using more in Feb!

Bell still keeps bugging me with STATIC calls. When do they stop calling?

Lets hope Bell doesn't Mess up on the 22! and maybe i'll get lucky and keep my 16MB speeds above!

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

You're not getting the full upload. I'd be more concerned about that than 16 vs. 15 down.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Mike2009:

You're not getting the full upload. I'd be more concerned about that than 16 vs. 15 down.

I've never gotten the Full upload, even on Bell.

as you see.

I'm not bothered with the upload speed, its fine for me.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON

If your line stats support it you should get it. I'd ask for it.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Calmuser

these are my line stats as of now:

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin (dB): 8.0 18.9
Attenuation (dB): 17.5 12.0
Output Power (dBm): 14.0 12.2
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 22840 1193
Rate (Kbps): 19455 797

they might change once i'm fully hooked up with Tek.

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON

Your downstream is more marginal than your upstream. You should get full upload.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Mike2009:

Your downstream is more marginal than your upstream. You should get full upload.

Interesting... maybe i'll make a post in the DF once I'm hooked up completely and see what they can do.

What should my upstream be for the 15/1 plan?

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Mike2009:

thanks Mike.

maybe it will fix itself when it gets activated on the 22!

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON

Wait and see.

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Calmuser

Bell just doesn't stop calling!

they finally answer the call and offered me a deal for $10 higher then I would be paying with Tek! with their unlimited offer promo

Also said I wouldn't have to call in every yr to get the higher deal either!

Like I believe that! still not a good deal to begin with!

They rep didn't like taking no for an answer!

Finally got him to agree to just keep my cancellation.

He seemed to think I was cancelling phone as well, told him NO.

They better not cancel phone!

Most likely, i'll still get more daily calls next week!

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Calmuser

Another interesting observation, I do notice what people are talking about with congestion on the DSL.

On TSI everything slows down, downloads etc.

Switch back to the Bell login things are fast and smooth!

course it could also be cause i'm not fully switched over yet.

Kinda 2nd guessing my decision to switch now...