Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

[WIN8] Good battery life..

How are people finding battery life of Windows 8 on their laptops? I'm doing surprisingly well, I'm doing close to 6 hours on my MacBook Air (2011) .. looks like MS got this down pretty good.

Note to MacBook users: disable dynamic tick:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

You must do this in the command prompt in administrative mode.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

I noticed pretty much no difference between XP and the Win 8 preview on my laptop.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to J E F F

I think Win8 performs better overall so possible battery life is better but that is my purely subjective opinion as I don't have like for like hardware to compare

Cudni
--
"what we know we know the same, what we don't know, we don't know it differently."
Help yourself so God can help you.
Microsoft MVP, 2006 - 2012/13

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to sivran

said by sivran:

I noticed pretty much no difference between XP and the Win 8 preview on my laptop.

Yeah the preview did not have any significant battery/power tuning. The release version (along with updated drivers) does perform very well in battery life.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

Some preview, huh?

Probably going to restore my XP image when the preview expires. My laptop's getting long in the tooth anyway, not really worth the forty bucks and hassle to upgrade.
--
Think Outside the Fox.