spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sarahportman

join:2012-10-31

converting PSTN call to VOIP?

I have misplaced my question. I got in a wrong category. Anyways, here is my problem:

Is it really possible to convert a PSTN call from a 56k internal modem into VOIP call that could be answered across the LAN?

Is there a software I should install or a required hardware?

Replies are highly appreciated.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting

Yes. Using an asterisk server and the correct modem card.

There are other standalone devices to do this as well. I believe some Obi devices have this capability. An SPA3102 can do this as well.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

zapattack

join:2012-07-02
CANADA

3102 known to have echo problems in this scenario. Obi 110 virtually flawless in matching digital to analog lines. Cisco recommends manually changing settings which are not even present in the Obi device. Of course, both of these are stand-alone devices with a bit of cabling involved.

sarahportman

reply to sarahportman

Thank you for all the replies. I will be back if everything went fine. Thank you again.

sarahportman

reply to sarahportman

It work guys. I totally converted it thank you for all the help. I can route the call now from the modem to another computer.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4

How did you do it, maybe others will be interested of that?

sarahportman

reply to sarahportman

I just followed what Nunya said there were some compatibility issues but we figured the right software for the hardware and then it was successfully converted.