Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OregonBob

join:2008-10-14
Klamath Falls, OR

Software Update this morning

Woke up this morning with no internet access. I checked the SB6121
log and it showed software upgrade at 1:47 am.

Modem software is now SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH.

For some reason, the cable modem reboot from software upgrade did not take and allow internet connection to resume.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks,
Bob

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL

Don't know why it didn't restart automatically, but this version is not really that new, mine came with it when new.

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17
reply to OregonBob

Don't know why, but a couple people have reported this. One claimed to need to have Charter do a reset on it to get back online, the other said his worked after a 10 minutes power down, or something like that.

OregonBob

join:2008-10-14
Klamath Falls, OR
reply to lineofsight

I've had this modem since March of 2010 and this mornings upgrade is the second time it has been upgraded if my memory serves me correctly.

With this modem and an ASUS RT-N66u router, I'm extremely happy with my network.

Charter has come a long way since I've been with them (2000).

DadCooks
Premium
join:2005-02-28
Kennewick, WA
reply to OregonBob

Very interesting. I thought Charter was no longer going to support user owned modems, no matter the brand.

Surprised to see when I checked my SB6120 log that it had been upgraded to SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH on 11/2/12.
--
DadCooks
(aka Eric)

ITICharlie1
Premium
join:2003-01-22
Saint Louis, MO

said by DadCooks:

Very interesting. I thought Charter was no longer going to support user owned modems, no matter the brand.

Surprised to see when I checked my SB6120 log that it had been upgraded to SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.6-SCM00-NOSH on 11/2/12.

I noticed the same thing. Anyone know what the update was for?
--
Don't let my reality hinder your imagination!

Masque

join:2001-12-04
Auburn, MI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to OregonBob

Checked my logs and an update on the 2nd.....no idea what this was for, but apparently Charter thought better of it and decided to support customer modems. No, if they'd only kick me up to the new speed level.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to DadCooks

said by DadCooks:

Just goes to show once again that Charter's hands are confused as in the left doesn't know what the right is doing!!

Shessh!!

Wonder if they're going to update Zoom modems also?
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Rampage522

join:2001-10-18
Birmingham, AL
kudos:1

Just because they're pushing standardized firmware to modems doesn't mean they've changed their position. It basically saying, "If you connect to our hardware, you must have these minimum requirements (including software)."

kmg90

join:2002-08-25
Shawano, WI
reply to OregonBob

I think the word "support" is being interpreted the wrong way in terms of a customer owned modem.

Charter doesn't provide tech support for customer owned modems. Meaning if you have a problem with interacting with your modem (setting it up for the first time, changing what you connect the modem to, supplying USB Drivers, configuring the LAN) they can't help you since they are not tech support for your modem, the manufacture is...

Pushing new firmware can be done for many reasons, changes on the network that only are compatible with newer firmware or just plain ole bug fixes that makes everyone's life easier...