share rss forum feed

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to J E F F

Re: Grocery Store Checkout Lane Light

said by J E F F:

She may have forgotten to turn off the light. She likely asked the manager if she could check you out (pardon the pun) w/o ruining her break.

Doesn't your wal*mart have that line with 12 cashiers? I never use the stand alone lines...

She turned off the light in the middle of checking out the person in front of me. I saw her turn off the light and thought she would go ahead and check me out since I was already in line when she turned off the light. When she finished checking out the person in front of me she left the cash register and I had to go chase her down.

When I got her attention, I asked her to check me out but she said that she was going to talk to the manager. She also claimed that she turned off the light before I got in line. I told her I wanted to see the manager, also. I thought she would bring the manager back with her. When I got back to the grocery cart, the customers in the next line confirmed the light was on when I got in line.

When she came back, she was alone but she went ahead and checked me out. She said that she had just started her shift and was assigned to check out the person in front of me at this cash register. I think she went to talk to the manager to have the money in the cash register reconciled.

She should have turned off the light when she first got to the cash register before she started checking out the person. If she had done that, I would not have gotten in that line.

I will check for a line that has multiple cashiers. There are some self checkout lines that I will look into using.
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

I'm curious, what resolution do you want in the end ?

Bruschi
Premium
join:2001-04-16
Cape Cod

What everybody else wants. FREE groceries for life
--
Professional student pilot!

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

1 recommendation

reply to Hall

He should have just left the cart and walk out the door .......
If the checker leaves, she leaves. Life still goes on .....

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Russ6

Likely she had to have the register reconciled.

That has happened to me a number of times, they'll check out and woman or senior in front of me, shut their light down, reconcile, talk to cash office, and come back with a new money bag. Pisses me off. Self-serve is a good way to go too.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Russ6

Houston, TX
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

I wanted to be checked out without having to go to the end of another line and that is what happened.

I was curious on what other people thought should happen when the grocery store checkout lane light is turned off. Should the customers currently in line be forced to go to the end of another line or should the cashier check out everybody currently in line when the light is turned off?

From the previous replies, people have different opinions.
--
Links:

Russ6

Houston, TX
reply to kherr

said by kherr:

I thought about doing that, and probably would have if the cashier hadn't come back and checked me out. The problem with that is I needed the food and would have to go to another store and start shopping all over again.
--
Links:

Lone Wolf
Almost Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to kherr

said by kherr:

I've done that before. Not only does it anger management, it creates work for the employees who must return the items in your cart to the shelves.

Shows management it's cheaper to keep the checkout open and pay the cashier instead of losing a sale and paying someone to put the crap back.
--
Another 4 years of Hope and Change.
The rich will still get richer and the poor get an Obamaphone and Food Stamps. lol

jubangy
Premium
join:2005-03-26
Corry, PA
reply to Russ6

said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I wanted to be checked out without having to go to the end of another line and that is what happened.

I was curious on what other people thought should happen when the grocery store checkout lane light is turned off. Should the customers currently in line be forced to go to the end of another line or should the cashier check out everybody currently in line when the light is turned off?

I want I want I want....
is half the reason good customer service is getitng so hard to find these days. People are so dam whiny and bitchy any more when it comes to customer service reps such as cashiers that it is ridiculous. Heres a switch, how about take your ass to the grocery store when you know you have time to compensate for a mishap or 2? Nah that would make sense make everybodys life hell while you stand there whining and bitching how your time is so much more precious then everyone elses. Maybe people should just start randomly picking businesses to drop in on and start bitchig at the employees for the hell of it. hell i dont even work in cs but pisses me off none the less. And now come Black friday, the same people who bitch about how the cashier screwed up will go shopping and make complete ASSES of themselves up to and including slamming old ladies into walls.
What a world we live in, me me i want i want but half cant pay their electric or rent but I bet will be grabbing all the goodies on nov 23rd.

Russ6

Houston, TX

said by jubangy:

said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I want I want I want....
is half the reason good customer service is getitng so hard to find these days. People are so dam whiny and bitchy any more when it comes to customer service reps such as cashiers that it is ridiculous. Heres a switch, how about take your ass to the grocery store when you know you have time to compensate for a mishap or 2? Nah that would make sense make everybodys life hell while you stand there whining and bitching how your time is so much more precious then everyone elses. Maybe people should just start randomly picking businesses to drop in on and start bitchig at the employees for the hell of it. hell i dont even work in cs but pisses me off none the less. And now come Black friday, the same people who bitch about how the cashier screwed up will go shopping and make complete ASSES of themselves up to and including slamming old ladies into walls.
What a world we live in, me me i want i want but half cant pay their electric or rent but I bet will be grabbing all the goodies on nov 23rd.

If you allow people to take advantage of you, that is your business. I am not willing to let people take advantage of me.
--
Links:

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to jubangy

said by jubangy:

said by Russ6:

said by Hall:

I want I want I want....

+1

If I get in a line and the cashier closes, I think to myself “Got in the wrong line again”, backup and go to another line and check out. It’s part of life to get in the wrong line at the wrong time. All the time the OP wasted, he could have been checked out and driving home. Things happen. It’s part of life. Move on already!!

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to Russ6

nm