uniqs
share rss forum feed

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
reply to usa2k

Re: WOW Pricing & Ultra TV

said by usa2k:

I'm also the kind of guy that has unlimited VoIP phone service, even though I rarely use it . . .

How much are you paying for that?

You could pay a flat $129 and get two years of unlimited VoIP service. I've never understood anyone who gets cable company phone service. If you're going to pay that money, get it from the local hardwire phone company. If you're going to go VoIP, don't pay the cableco rates which are incredibly high.

slyphoxj

join:2002-06-23
Brook Park, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·WOW Internet and..
·magicjack.com
·Callcentric
said by adam1991:

said by usa2k:

I'm also the kind of guy that has unlimited VoIP phone service, even though I rarely use it . . .

How much are you paying for that?

You could pay a flat $129 and get two years of unlimited VoIP service. I've never understood anyone who gets cable company phone service. If you're going to pay that money, get it from the local hardwire phone company. If you're going to go VoIP, don't pay the cableco rates which are incredibly high.

It seems as though WOW's phone service isn't really a better deal than the landline at my house. My AT&T landline runs about $26 a month with no features whatsoever except for unlimited local calling. Long distance runs about $2 or so a month extra (Pioneer Telephone). I don't think we could get WOW Phone for that cheap after adding in all of the mandatory taxes and fees (including the unavoidable $5 rental charge for the EMTA/modem... can't use my own). So WOW phone wouldn't really be any cheaper and would be less reliable to boot (won't stay up as long during a power outage).

dannyg40

@wideopenwest.com
Phone is the best for me with WOW. I had AT&T for years here in chicago. Smallest bill would be around $55 and I wasnt using the landline ! Was afraid to, they started with this over 5 miles, over 10 miles, over 25 mile crap. Local Long Distance they called it. The rates were astronomical. Call my Uncle 11 miles away for half an hour it cost about $1 ... Kinda crazy cause its the same area code, only 11 mles away.

baess

join:2011-01-28
said by dannyg40 :

Phone is the best for me with WOW. I had AT&T for years here in chicago. Smallest bill would be around $55 and I wasnt using the landline ! Was afraid to, they started with this over 5 miles, over 10 miles, over 25 mile crap. Local Long Distance they called it. The rates were astronomical. Call my Uncle 11 miles away for half an hour it cost about $1 ... Kinda crazy cause its the same area code, only 11 mles away.

Experienced the same thing but wanted to keep a landline.

Not many know about the low cost plans that AT&T offers because of course they don't advertise them. I pay about $18/month (down from $35 or so). I use my cell phone for local long distance.

»citizensutilityboard.org/cubphon···r_1.html

dannyg40

@wideopenwest.com
Have my landline with WOW right now. Just had a thought though, if I upgrade to the Ultra, will the phones be wireless to then ? I think its called VOIP, like that magic jack Im thinking. Have to look into it.