join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to dirtyjeffer

Re: Apple now has a Lightning to Micro USB Cable

said by dirtyjeffer:

said by Nezmo:

I have two Apple cables that have come apart at the plug (the cable sheathing has separated where it enters the plug). I never pull a cord by the cable, only by the plug and when not in use I curl it up loosely and put it in a drawer. Again, the premium Apple is charging is a gouge. They can still set their products apart if they must by charging more than $2 but the money they want for their cables and adapters is rather sad.

the previous connector was used for the last 9 years...a new connector was needed as it was too large for the new chassis...i highly doubt the issues you have seen with your old connector would happen with the Lightning connector...it is a much better connector (my iPad and nano use the old connector).

So the physical construction of the new connector is better? Is there data supporting that?
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

said by Nezmo:

So the physical construction of the new connector is better? Is there data supporting that?

it has nothing to do with the physical construction of it...the design on its own virtually eliminates those problems...it is one of the advantages of the Lightning connector.