uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to Nemo888

Re: Constant Ottawa Disconnects, DHCP Issues Not Resolved.

You may want to remove your IP from there.

And if you wouldn't mind posting in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can look at this.

We have notice lot's of maintenance in Ottawa as of late. It could very well be you are being affected by this.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
for what it's worth, my area in Ottawa near the market hasn't had any of these disconnects.

NytOwl

join:2012-09-27
canada
I reside in Gloucester on the St. Laurent2 POI and haven't had any issues here in weeks, myself.

Funny enough, though... On a hunch I checked the Event Log in my firewall and found numerous DHCP renewals on its WAN interface on November 2nd. 31 of them, to be exact. Bunch more on November 1st, too.

My partner and I never noticed any problems, though, and the same IP kept getting re-assigned for each renewal, strangely enough.

Nemo888

join:2005-12-25
Canada
I'm on the Richmond Road POI. So there is a pattern developing. What good would taking this to the direct forums do other than letting Teksavvy hide the problem? We have been putting up with this crap for a long time. In August the internet was unusable. Not only was it annoying the outages would often crash my old router so I had to upgrade.

Here would be a great place to explain what is wrong with the DHCP server. The problem has been hidden away for months. Time for a little more openness.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to jmck
We've seen the recent stories and all the stories from long ago. Conclusion without a doubt Ottawa is the number one city in southern Ontario for internet problems of all types per capita.