Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to DKS

Re: This Is Why We Need Pay Phones

said by DKS:

said by vitesse:

another great solution is to use ham radio gear to make communication when nothing else work. Phone can only operate few hour under power outage. emergency battery can't last forever if they are not re-charged.

Not true. The central offices of Bell Canada have large batteries and generators to recharge them. They can go for days.

He might be referring to Rogers Home Phone, which do not have an infinite lifespan during power failure.

I recall when we had the 2003 Blackout, I still had internet (I had the USB-powered Stingray DSL) and was able to make hotel plans for Quebec...and of course, phone still worked. Actually never recall a phone outage ever with Bell.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by J E F F:

said by DKS:

said by vitesse:

another great solution is to use ham radio gear to make communication when nothing else work. Phone can only operate few hour under power outage. emergency battery can't last forever if they are not re-charged.

Not true. The central offices of Bell Canada have large batteries and generators to recharge them. They can go for days.

He might be referring to Rogers Home Phone, which do not have an infinite lifespan during power failure.

Rogers Home Phone is not a copper-wire system.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.