Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5

Fastest way to get a guild to level 2

Good morning all. I decided to transfer my main toon back to my old server last night. But I wanted to take as much of the mats I had squirreled away on other toons with him so I decided I'd start a guild, buy a few bank tabs, fill them and do the transfer. I learned a few things through this experience:

1) I am a WoW hoarder (maybe it is Horder). I would never had guessed that I would have needed four bank tabs just to compensate for the 3-4 toons I was hoarding on. I had 2.5 tabs filled just with herbs (mostly Panda herbs). I guess those Hyjal bags I had in the bank could act as their own bank tab pretty much.

2) The guild master you want to transfer has to have been GM for at least 7 days. So I'm stuck for a week now before I can transfer.

3) You have to have the mobile authenticator on your account for at least 7 days. And in particular, the clock starts counting once you log the GM in that you are planning on transferring. If you just attach the authenticator and then play other toons, you won't be able to transfer the GM until 7 days after you log him in. (learned this one from the WoW support team)

4) The guild has to be at least level 2 before it can be transferred.

So my question to you fine ladies and gentlement is, how long do you think it will take a lvl 90 solo'ing a guild to level 2? I'm hoping no more than a week

And what, if any, advice would you give on the best way to accomplish this? I planned to just keep knocking out the dailies (which I need to do anyhow) and then throw in some other random quests along the way.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

If you have a lvl80 or 85 with the shoulder enchant guys in Wrath open (forgot the name ATM) then get a lot of relics of ulduar and turn them in there.

I say 80-85 because I ddoubt the turn in would award a 90 any XP.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Carpie

With the changes to MoP came the removal of tiered guild xp rewards. What that means is that a lvl1 toon turning in quests earns the same guild xp as a lvl90 doing dailies. So, once you've completed your daily grind on your main, grab an alt (or make one... non-panda) and knock out as many quests as you can.

It shouldn't take very long to hit lvl2.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

If you have a lvl80 or 85 with the shoulder enchant guys in Wrath open (forgot the name ATM) then get a lot of relics of ulduar and turn them in there.

I say 80-85 because I ddoubt the turn in would award a 90 any XP.

Sons of Hodir. Tried this last night, turned in 400 on a lvl 80 and got 0 guild XP. Think they may have hotfixed it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

aw man.

well just do all of the lvl90 dailies.

and don't forget the one in kun-lia summit with the big ape.

or the cap city fishing/cooking.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to bTU

said by bTU:

Think they may have hotfixed it.

now that you mention it... I do recall seeing that posted in here a week or so ago.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

aw man.

well just do all of the lvl90 dailies.

I believe this is the fastest way.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

1 edit
reply to Carpie

Curse.com > SGI (SuperGuildInvite)

It searches /who for unguilded people, and ques them up so pressing a button automaticly sends them a /ginvite

Doing this you can fill your guild pretty fast.

I know you said solo but using the addon is not a bad thing.

Won't it Annoy people? No. It remembers who declined the invite and saves it in your cache so it never invites the same toon twice.

Isin't it against the ToS? Currently they are not warning people for using it and the add on is approved for use. It used to auto invite people but now you have to click a button for each invite so it's allowed. It has a feature that let's you whisper people a message as you invite them, but turn this off because unsolicited whispers are taken more seriously by GMs then ginvites since it involes the chat feature.

But I am moving the guild, I don't want to screw over all these random people! People make a choice of what guild to join, they see that it's a level one guild, they know it means there is no gaurantee that it will last. But they choose to join because they are curious and want to be social. And they stay because they meet people in it.

But no one is going to join a level 1 guild sending random invites! Most won't but many will. It will fill up pretty fast.

Carpie

united state
reply to Jobbie

It ended up being quite easy and took only 5 days (a couple hrs each day). Between the dailies and the Darkmoon Faire, it went quick without having to go out of my way for anything.

Thanks for the help.

Carpie

united state
reply to Carpie

In hindsight I probably should have played a little more on Eredar before transferring my main back over there. Yesterday was the first day that I really had an opportunity to play on the server and what an eye opener. I was trying to help my level ~60 friend get leveled up and every where we went there were high level Horde players camped out waiting to PK any Alliance on sight. The area before the dark portal was littered with bones completely. (This I could at least understand because in front of the portal was a big show-down place on Altar of Storms also). But it didn't stop there. They were constantly attacking Honor Hold and actually had people posted in the Inn to take out anyone that either walked in or spawned in. They were posted outside of each of the four dungeon entrances in the Outland that we tried to get to. And when I logged in to an old 50 some level warrior I had in WinterSpring, they were even posted there right outside of the inn standing on heaps of bones.

I mean I'm all for PVP, that's why I joined the servers, but this is just insane. How sad is your life when you are spending hours idling outside of these places just to gank players 30+ levels lower than you throughout the day.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

there's pvp, and then there is greifing. I'm learning to appreciate a little bit of world pvp to establish questing space or to fight over a rare spawn... but griefing is BS.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

You should check, they may not actually be on your server. The cross-realm deal below 85 can focus servers so that bored people on a particular server, have more people to grief.

Try to dungeon level the best you can : /

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

That's what I'm planning for any alt I bother actually leveling

dungeons to 90 then JP gear and VP gear.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Immer

I got ganked twice by 90s in Townlong steps on my 88 spriest yesterday (slight edge, but not enough that automatically guarantees I'll die). After the first time I grouped up with a kitty and when the Alliance rogue struck a second time, we were prepared and stun/feared him to death.

Five minutes later the kitty dies again and says an 88 warlock was with the rogue. I find the warlock and kill him, then kill him again when he rezzes and decides to sit down and drink in front of me.

30 seconds later I get a pst from a lvl 1 saying "I hope you enjoyed your shitty 8 honor." I find out the guy had nothing to do with the rogue and just happened to be in the area. Woops. We later ended up taking down a quest elite together when he logged back over.

I know TLS has no cross-realm, but it'd be nice if they prevented people outside the level range of a zone from appearing in it (like 90s in Hyjal).
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Krisnatharok:

I know TLS has no cross-realm

You sure about that?

I've fairly sure I saw some xrealm stuff there when capping panda loremaster (ok not really leveling as I hit 90 in summit_

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I was under the impression that cross-realm is only for pre-MOP stuff--could be wrong though. I don't think I've ever seen someone from another server anywhere in pandaland.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

But you're on Mal, CRZ is for under pop zones.

I see them all the time all over MoP.

Its just a matter of how many toons are in the zone.

BTW its a good reason you should have power leveled, greifers weren't greifing for the first few days.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I'm not too worried about it, I just have TLS and DW to do on that toon, and I know DW is always high enough pop due to Klaxxi dailies. Spriests have decent defenses and help is always near-by.

It really sucks for everyone else trying to level up. X-realm really means 90s get free griefing.
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

But you're on Mal, CRZ is for under pop zones.

Cross realm zones don't respect server names they are locations "shared" in a common server, that means when you are on a CRZ you are no longer in your own server (see GW2 overflow servers).

That is why I posted that when we got the alliance griefers in griefers in Hyjal, "Malganis" as a server couldn't do much against it because they were so from at least 3 different servers.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Wrong, that might be how it works on GW but in wow it allows cross when a zone's pop from that server is low.

so if enough Horde from Mal zoned in the CRZ ally would be pushed back to their server.

Its not overflow but rather underflow, you don't have enough from your server in the zone so it puts people from an acceptable server into that zone to reach a quota if you will.

think of it more that the zone is on both servers but when theres a low pop for a zone from a given server it trys to populate it by pulling people from other realms.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Ok

Carpie

united state
reply to Energystream

said by Energystream:

You should check, they may not actually be on your server. The cross-realm deal below 85 can focus servers so that bored people on a particular server, have more people to grief.

I'm pretty sure this was the case. Afterwards my friend had said a number of people were whispering him asking him for his "battletag ID so they could zone in".

said by Energystream:

Try to dungeon level the best you can : /

We were doing that too. The wait times at the lower levels can be quite lengthy though so I was running him through dungeons on the off beats. I have my level 90 'lock geared well and always carrying PVP gear so we got through fine unless there were multiple 90's waiting in the ambush. Just thinking you should be able to quest without a bodyguard... though I suppose that goes against the spirit of world pvp. So there's a balance somewhere.

said by DarkLogix:

think of it more that the zone is on both servers but when theres a low pop for a zone from a given server it trys to populate it by pulling people from other realms.

It doesn't do this automatically though, right? People would still need to be in a party of players that existed in different realms? It doesn't just automatically transfer people across realms to "maintain a balance" so to speak, does it?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Yep when you zone into a zone it can put you on that zone on an diff server and you won't know.

when leveling to 90 I saw people from other realms solo questing.

when I was in a party via realID I saw people from PvP realms, when I wasn't I saw people from PvE realms.

and last night when I was on my undead horde going to cap cities for the pet battle achev I kept getting knocked off my friend's rocket when I changed zones.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

While working on Archeology, I noticed something else that bugged me about CRZ. There is now no feeling for the passage of time in the world of Azeroth. Now, it can be fully bright in Stormwind, and as soon as I fly into an adjacent zone, it's night time... fly back... Daytime.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Ya they"claimed" they set limits on how far apart in time zone realms could CRZ but um its annoying almost like each zone has its own time of day.

Carpie

united state
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

and last night when I was on my undead horde going to cap cities for the pet battle achev I kept getting knocked off my friend's rocket when I changed zones.

Same thing was happening to us! I could only assume that a new rule was put in that since he didn't have his flying license yet due to his level, that we could only cross zone by the roads and not over the mountains. I guess that explains that! That's a real PITA.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

My friend said ie was happening to her alts (she dual screens) and has multiple lvl90's

I was on my lvl19 undead and it knocked me into an ally camp. (insta death.)

On the upside I got the achev for winning a pet battle in every horde city.