spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Davetrader

@dsl4u.ca

[Cable] TekSavvy install???

I had my Cable/28 install scheduled for today between 8-11am. Took the morning off from work and just before 9am looked at my cell phone for the first time.
Turns out I had missed a call from the Rogers tech just minutes before. Tried to call back about 10 times over the next 15 minutes but no answer and no way to leave a voice mail message.
Decided to call TekSavvy and they told me that if I missed the call there is no chance the Rogers tech will come, he's probably canceled the appointment already and I will have to schedule a new one.
I think this is quite bizarre. I stayed at home, there was no one at my door at any time, even though I confirmed the appointment and they confirmed it again through an automated message yesterday - shouldn't that be enough confirmation that it's actually on???
They could not even reschedule my appointment yet, I would have to call back 2 hours later, after the window for my appointment (which will not be honored by Teksavvy/Rogers) expires... Very poor arrangement, if you ask me...

So after that call, in my frustration over not wanting/being able to be without any Internet service for over a week (until a next install date), I decided to hook up my cable modem (which was configured for Teksavvy already) myself, and lo-and-behold, it worked and my 28Mbps service was active!!

Now, what do I do next? Should I just forget about the install? Or should I reschedule the install anyway? Will my line stay active in the mean time??

I don't really know what to do now...

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5

Hello,

Thank you for posting here and making us aware of the situation. What I would like to do is push a reschedule request for you on this install. There are a couple option as to where your service stands right now.

A. Occasionally the technician is able to activate the service externally without disturbing anyone in the home. Honestly if there was a missed call, I would doubt that this is what happened.

B. The line may already been open and active, and Rogers would have had your service set to be provisioned into the system today. The problem with this possibility is that if the tech reports back that the order was never completed, the service may be pulled at a later date.

If we submit a reschedule request for you and we are dealing with scenario A Rogers should simply reject the reschedule and advise us that the service is already active. If on the other hand we are dealing with scenario B, we can submit the reschedule request now to avoid a longer wait should the service be pulled in the future.

Please post in the direct forum here: »TekSavvy Direct so we can get the information required to submit this reschedule request for you.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

Davetrader

join:2012-11-05
Toronto, ON

Keith,
Thanks for your quick reply! So do I understand correctly, you want me to repost the same topic in the direct forum?
Cheers,
David

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

said by Davetrader:

Keith,
Thanks for your quick reply! So do I understand correctly, you want me to repost the same topic in the direct forum?
Cheers,
David

With your account information so we can find you
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

Davetrader

Toronto, ON

Gotcha! Done!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Keith is on it right now

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to Davetrader

Dave, sad thing is this is how ROGERS works for their own customers as well. Back when I used rogers, I had the same thing happen. Miss the call, then your having to reschedule. BAD SYSTEM if you ask me.

Davetrader

Toronto, ON

Agreed that it is a bad system in the first place, which may be mandated by Rogers being the infra provider...

While I think the TSI forum support here is nothing short of amazing, I do think TSI could do a better job pointing out this phone call requirement in their correspondence. I have now found a mention of this buried in a long email sent on the day of my order. There is nothing to accentuate this in the long (and somewhat redundant) email though, and much worse, there is no mention of it in the email you get after confirming your appointment... I would suggest mentioning it again there, and making it a bold mention...

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

That's a valid point. We are going to be communicating shortly internally to help avoid this type of issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Andre