Search similar:

uniqs
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Comcast Lost My Modem

Click for full size
Well, not really but the website says I don't have any equipment.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

I am sure some of those with 2 or 3 modems on their account would be glad to share one of theirs with you. " CHUCKLE-CHUCKLE "
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

LoL Yeah, I was thinking about all the users that have been posting about 2-6 modems listed on their account. Figured some would get a kick out of what mine is now showing.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

Indeed. I'm one of the people posting issues with having extra equipment showing up.

Of course, I did go check my equipment, and nothing has changed on my end. Want to borrow one of my extra modems?

--Brian
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew

Quick sell it and then claim you never had one when they add it back. Oh, and then call and complain that you're paying the rental fee for something you don't have.

/s
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Well, I own the modem so that doesn't do me any good. LoL

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall to wTheOnew

Premium Member

to wTheOnew
Lol .

depster
join:2001-06-07
Grand Rapids, MI

depster

I don't believe that customer owned equipment will show up on the website.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by depster:

Your belief would be wrong (although I don't think that Comcast bothers to keep track of the serial numbers for customer owned equipment).

I own both the DCM202 and the SB6121 modems. The SB6121 is my primary modem, and I use the DCM202 as a "hot-swap" spare.
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to depster

to depster
Mine has always shown up until when I posted this.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to ExoticFish

MVM

to ExoticFish
I just re-checked mine, and it's corrected itself. It used to show both my current and old modem. Now, the old modem is gone.
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown to depster

Premium Member

to depster
said by depster:

I have customer owned modem and mine shows up on the website.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish
There are so many bugs with the new my account page. I have modems listed six different times and equipment that is no longer in my possession listed as well. The billing is a joke and it says my account is past due when I paid the balance due.

They seriously need to debug the new my account page.
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Billing issue huh ? I have one of those now too. Had a credit on my account before the change, now it's also gone. Called in and the reps don't see there ever was a credit. :-/

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to ExoticFish

MVM

to ExoticFish
I have 14 modems on my account. Do I win? But seriously, the part that concerns me is the one I no longer have is showing (several times, as is the one I do have). The tech swapped out my TM602G for a TM722 when I upgraded to Blast. And they want us to buy a home security package from them? Are they insane?
owlyn

owlyn to ExoticFish

MVM

to ExoticFish
I posted my problem on the Comcast Direct forum. Comcast_Steve fixed it within 48 hours. It is now 100% correct.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
said by owlyn:

And they want us to buy a home security package from them? Are they insane?

Not to get too off topic but I get my security through a local company. I thought of getting the Xfinity home offering but with the subpar customer support and the pricey contract, I decided that a local company would best fit my needs. And when my system needed service, I had the same tech that did the install.

It seems every time I replace a piece of equipment, the pieces of equipment on the my account page triples and I have equipment listed that has been returned. And heaven help me in the unlikely event I move and close my account because I'll get billed multiple times for the same piece of unreturned equipment that has been returned or that I own.

To anyone reading this, if you return equipment; return it to a Comcast service center and get a receipt from the service center proving that equipment was returned. I have had visits from CC loss prevention for returned equipment that they claimed was unreturned.

The new My Account page is worse than the old. See my above post about my issues with the past due reminder on a paid on time account.
ExoticFish
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Mine is back to normal showing my current modem.