share rss forum feed

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Tech

Re: [Optimum Voice] How was phone service during power outage?

said by Tech :

CV techs are on generator powering the node and in some instances there are unmanned generator chained to power supplies

I saw no evidence of this in my neighborhood during the past week. Also OptWiFi hotspots in blacked-out areas were not working until power was restored.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Bob4:

said by Tech :

CV techs are on generator powering the node and in some instances there are unmanned generator chained to power supplies

I saw no evidence of this in my neighborhood during the past week. Also OptWiFi hotspots in blacked-out areas were not working until power was restored.

Optimum WiFi was working here and as far as I can tell almost the whole neighborhood was out. I used it in at least 4 spots were the cross streets power was out.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

Gest

@optonline.net

If your whole nieghborhood was out then most likely every power supply may have been out 1-4 or more. There not gonna put that many generators for houses that dont have electric. Maybe a few houses with generators may have benefited but overall no

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

We never lost power, but CV services were out for 5 days. Came right on when they restored power to the street where the node is.

Happens to us each storm - never seen a CV generator.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

I saw one in Bedford, NY this morning. It was being watched by a Cablevision tech.

Gest

@optonline.net
reply to jaa

Are you on longisland jaa?