how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ErylOmegas

join:2012-11-05
Gordon, GA

can anyone tell me how the streaming works on netflix

cuz we have two different types of people who love movies and dhows in this house. like me and my fiance mainly love our anime. and his mother doesnt. she likes horror movies and suspense shows. what im asking is it possible to have to different like pages or something like that?? does it when u hook up a different device have it own page with all the same likes or does it show a different one for each stream device. i been curious to know.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
It is account based. You see whatever is on the account. There is nothing to stop you from watching anything they have available. I watch on PC and tablets. The view is basically the same on both. Most of what you're going to see as recommendations are based on your reviews. If you're both reviewing then the recommendations should apply to both.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to ErylOmegas
Netflix used to have the ability to set up subaccounts off of your primary account. I did this several years ago so that my kids could manage their own queue of DVDs that they wanted separate from my queue. I don't know if this feature is still around though and if it can be used for streaming queues.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
said by thegeek:

Netflix used to have the ability to set up subaccounts off of your primary account. I did this several years ago so that my kids could manage their own queue of DVDs that they wanted separate from my queue. I don't know if this feature is still around though and if it can be used for streaming queues.

A.) Yes, still around.
B.) Only for DVD rentals, not streaming.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

2 edits
reply to ErylOmegas
said by ErylOmegas:

cuz we have two different types of people who love movies and dhows in this house. like me and my fiance mainly love our anime. and his mother doesnt. she likes horror movies and suspense shows. what im asking is it possible to have to different like pages or something like that?? does it when u hook up a different device have it own page with all the same likes or does it show a different one for each stream device. i been curious to know.

I think what you may be asking is can you have multiple simultaneous stream from the same account at the same time and in the same place.

Just tried it and answer is yes. Of course there is the limitations of your available bandwidth.
I also only tried two. Also might be a problem if the multiples were coming from different IP address at the same time, I have no practical way to test that.

As to separate suggestions and likes, history, etc... no they would become a communally merged one... and you might have to search things more.
--

hortnut
Huh?

join:2005-09-25
PNW
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ErylOmegas
I watch Netflix via Laptop and a Roku Device - only one account for streaming. Though the looks are different on each one.

On a side note, to help find shows and movies, have found these two sites to be helpful -
»abetterqueue.com/
»instantwatcher.com/

Instant Watcher also ties into the Netflix API, so you can go directly from it to watching or putting a selection into the Instant Queue.

There are probably other apps/sites out there to better manage Netflix.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
reply to ErylOmegas
I have found that there is a limit of two devices watching from a single account.