ssavoy
Premium
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA
Reviews:
·Anveo
reply to 88615298

Re: Expensive Dumb Pipe

The pricing still makes no sense. Why is there a sliding scale based on the device you add? They should all be $10 by that logic. Plain and simple - devices that can utilize calling and texting cost more per month than those that can access only data.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by ssavoy:

The pricing still makes no sense. Why is there a sliding scale based on the device you add? They should all be $10 by that logic. Plain and simple - devices that can utilize calling and texting cost more per month than those that can access only data.

A) I never said it made sense. I'm just pointing that the minutes and texting are in fact part of the data. The device fees is what is stopping us from switching to Share Everything more than the data pricing.

B) If you just want a tablet they do have plans for that. The "data" part is $40 cheaper. For example 4 GB is $30 not $70. So you can say the minutes and texting are valued at $40.

ssavoy
Premium
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA

Well they're at least double-dipping.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by ssavoy:

Well they're at least double-dipping.

Not sure what you mean by that.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS

join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to ssavoy

said by ssavoy:

I agree with you. Tablets can't make calls and texts. That's why they are $10/line. The first GB of data ~does~ cost $50, no matter how they list it out. Smartphones are $40 which give you the unlimited talk and text, despite that info being listed as part of the data. That's why it costs $160 for 4 smartphones before you add the data, but would be $40 for 4 tablets before adding the data.