uniqs
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Gigabyte2004

to Gigabyte2004

Re: Cat5/Cat6...... Phone/DSL install

said by Gigabyte2004:

Now If I take all that junk out of the NID that is there now and then run a wire from it to a POTS,then do my runs from there,is that going to be better?

I suggest you read from post above...

Don't try to "properly" re-wire that NID yourself...you're better off having a telco tech do it.

Bottom line is, a new NID is a must and do homeruns after you get one with a dsl splitter inside.
Gigabyte2004
join:2004-09-12
Morganton, NC

1 edit

Gigabyte2004

I'll give the Telco a call tomorrow and see what they say about the new NID with the splitter.

Update. Spent the last 30 mins with ATT and was told that they don't have a NID that has a DSL splitter in it.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Gigabyte2004:

I'll give the Telco a call tomorrow and see what they say about the new NID with the splitter.

Update. Spent the last 30 mins with ATT and was told that they don't have a NID that has a DSL splitter in it.

regular csr's won't know anything about a splitter inside the NID. just call them and ask them to install a new NID for you...

when the install date comes, you either wait in person for the tech to come and ask for that splitter or when you can't be around, hang / put a note on the to be replaced NID that a new splitter inside the NID be installed as well..