kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

1 recommendation

reply to a_gunslinger4

Re: Which modem is better here - or no functional difference?

6141 is a great modem, been using it for several months. I do not think the 6120 is even on the "supported" list for TW either.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

a_gunslinger4

join:2007-02-26
45255-3220

>>>I do not think the 6120 is even on the "supported" list for TW either.

Thats a huge point overall. Im going to have no choice but to try it. Wish me luck - Im going in! If somethign goes awry and my kids kill me because we lose speed I may not be able to report back ;^)

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

6141 is a great modem, been using it for several months. I do not think the 6120 is even on the "supported" list for TW either.

That is correct. There are only TWO DOCSIS 3 modems on the currently approved list and the 6120 is NOT one of them. The 6141 is and it is the current modem being given out by Oceanic TWC here in Hawaii.

I have grandfathered Turbo at 15/1 and have been told to ditch my current Surfboard (5100) and buy the 6141 even though grandfathered Turbo is not DOCSIS 3. I am told that I will have better speed and connection when using a DOCSIS 3 modem on DOCSIS 2 because the network itself is DOCSIS 3.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson