Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blindjustice

join:2012-11-05

1 edit

Frustrated with Internet service via Tek Savvy

I'm absolutely frustrated with this POS company

Tech Support is a bunch of keyboard monkeys. They only seem to follow a list of procedures to which if a solution is not found, they than ask you to call Geek Squard.

Currently on the phone with a Linda, who will not give me her employee id. IS not fulfilling my request to speak to a Supervisor at this present time.

What a shit company.

blindjustice

1 edit

Frustrated with Internet Service via Tek Savvy

So frustrated I forgot to include my issues in my rant.

Still waiting for a supervisor. Currently waiting on the phone for over 15 minutes.

They also will not give me the information for the office of the President.

Been having sub-par service for the last 10 months and now I just sick of the slow speeds. The tests show 26 mbps however I receive about 63-89 kbps. If I'm lucky 135kbps.

I'm on a $200 router from D-link, have done the reset bs several hundred times and now I'm just out of patience with this shit company.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

Re: Tek Savvy is at an all-time low. Is Tek Savvy cancer?

sounds like a problem on your end.. P:) did u try direct and not thru your $200 dollar router?
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

1 edit
reply to blindjustice
I want to apologize for whatever frustrations you are faced with but coming on here and throwing that type of language is not going to help your case.

What can I help you with? (PM me your account please and I'll take a look)

FYI...

- We don't have have "employee numbers". Which is why she wasn't able to provide you with one.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to blindjustice
said by blindjustice:

What a shit company.

There are no contracts and no one is forcing you to stay with this sh*t company .

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to blindjustice
I am also available in the direct forum to troubleshoot if you wish to send your account information.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to blindjustice
I just spoke with Lynda... I have your account info and I am looking into it for you.

blindjustice

reply to blindjustice
Yea spoke to Sharon and now the modem box I bought from Canada Computers is apparently the crappy one and that there is a higher option.

When I first inquired about the service the lady mentioned nothing 2 different modems.

Anyways Sharon has a Daniel or David? giving me a call sometime tonight.

Hopefully this can get resolved because I've done as much as a computer competent user can in solving the issue myself.

Hoping for Tek savvy to give me an alternative. Willing to pay extra now for an issue that will never occur again....

blindjustice

reply to TSI Andre
Dude if you can help feel free to delete/edit the title of this thread.

I just want to stream tv and every Coffee Shop/Library/Wifi spot that I goto never have issues with connectivity.

blindjustice

reply to Crowbar1
I know but Rogers and Bell are the devil

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to blindjustice
You can edit your own topic... We can't do that for you.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to blindjustice

Re: Frustrated with Internet service via Tek Savvy

Are you at home right now for some troubleshooting? If so, I will have someone call you right away...

I want to make something clear though, even though you may be frustrated towards the wait times, it doesn't mean you can scream and cuss out our staff. When I have someone call you back I expect that you treat them respectfully as they treat you.

Deal?
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TekSavvy Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to blindjustice
Adam is calling you shortly.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to blindjustice
Called your cell, RNA... Called the house, we were asked to call back in 15. We will do that for you.
Expand your moderator at work

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Andre

Don't want to put this thread on fire but OP, consider yourself lucky that TSI Andre and others are helping out in this situation.

Be a good customer and treat others with respect. Despite you calling a company shit and that said "shit" company is helping you. Appreciate the help, say Thank you.

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON
reply to blindjustice
I could never be a phone rep ever, it wouldn't be pretty.

You guys must give every staff a complimentary stress ball they can pretend is the customers neck.

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by chrisl83:

You guys must give every staff a complimentary stress ball they can pretend is the customers neck.

Most of the times, stress ball is useless. You'd just want to smash the dual monitor on customer's head

Angrybird

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Andre

Yes, same situation with me. I called teksavvy support over 3 times during the past months, and no improvement. Whatever daytime or nighttime, it take me several minutes to open a webpage. if i can open the webpages, i am lucky. at night, i even could not open so many webpages. the tek supporters asked me to do a speed test, the result they though was not bad. but the fact is i could not open many webpages such as msn.ca. i am so disappointed and want to change to other competitors. any recommendations?

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to chrisl83

said by chrisl83:

It takes a special kind of person to do it....I honestly don't know if I could do it again...I probably could but its been a long time ...

BTW, I loved my stress ball...problem is I went through too many...and dual monitors? TSI is lucky ...I just had a single CRT for the most part.
Expand your moderator at work

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to blindjustice

With about 90 percent certainty your problem is you live in Ottawa. Ten percent certainty you live in London, Ontario Canada. That leaves zero percent for Mississauga.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to Angrybird

said by Angrybird :

Yes, same situation with me. I called teksavvy support over 3 times during the past months, and no improvement. Whatever daytime or nighttime, it take me several minutes to open a webpage. if i can open the webpages, i am lucky. at night, i even could not open so many webpages. the tek supporters asked me to do a speed test, the result they though was not bad. but the fact is i could not open many webpages such as msn.ca. i am so disappointed and want to change to other competitors. any recommendations?

I understand you've called in a few times on this already but if you can post your account information here: »TekSavvy Direct we can certainly have another look for you.

Thank you,
Keith

NytOwl

join:2012-09-27
canada
reply to chrisl83

said by chrisl83:

I worked in Support for Primus Canada for a few years.

All I can say is this: Thank heavens for the "Mute" button on phones. Best. Button. EVER.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
said by NytOwl:

I worked in Support for Primus Canada for a few years.

All I can say is this: Thank heavens for the "Mute" button on phones. Best. Button. EVER.

Amen!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn6w255CGkk

--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

MCMtl

@openface.ca
reply to Angrybird

Same problem here. I called Teksavvy few times but they don't see anything wrong and put the problem on my side. We're few colleagues at Teksavvy and we all get the slow problem at the same time. Previous time was earlier in September, and now problem is back again. Upload ratte is *very* poor. I will just sit and wait, someone will found the glitch and fix it (eventually). In September it took about 7-8 days. I hope it will be faster this time.

Teksavvy can't do anything since everything is controlled by Bell. But a better customer service (response time) could be nice (no 1 hour is not acceptable). They could also match phones calls to confirm something is wrong..

MC
Montreal, QC

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to NytOwl

said by NytOwl See ProfileI worked in Support for Primus Canada for a few years.

Ever troll your supervisor by hitting the mute and then pretend to be saying something obnoxious to the caller? Its all fun and games until your finger slips...

Edit: formatting

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to blindjustice
I have to say, even though I am sitting here with a Connected Cannot Browse Issue (Don't know if it's my setup or TekSavvy At the moment, and connected via LTE for my phone....!) I have to say that Teksavvy is doing a good job at tech support.

Yes you call the phone number and you can wait for hours if it's prime time (I was on for 50 minutes and fell asleep waiting lol) but they do try to help as much as they can.

The Direct Support in this forum is great. Once we proved where the issue was, it was fixed in 48 hours, and was 100% bell's fault.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Bad port i am guessing devanchya Shows perfect sync but cannot surf. heh
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

ArthurWinslo

@rogers.com
reply to blindjustice
I can understand frustrations of not getting the help you are asking for.

Teksavvy agents are doing an amazing job given the fact they're being asked to give technical support to a network that Rogers will not give them any access or control over. It is not as if Teksavvy agents are conspiring against you so I would ask that you consider what I wrote above next time you get up and arms about it.

Alternatively with Rogers support, the people you talk to on the phone who DO have access to more tools still can't help you most of the time and are only there for you to complain enough to get some credit on your bill.

So let's recap, Teksavvy agents actually try to troubleshoot your issues where as Rogers #1 response is that "your computer probably has spyware on it" or "oh you use a router? okay, well that has to be the problem then"

You all left Rogers because of the bs service you're getting and to save money, cut Teksavvy some slack. They're doing what they can with what they have access to at the moment.