Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

foo

join:2007-06-28
Chicago, IL
reply to Poor_Boy

Re: My have to cancel Charter Cable service soon

Poor_Boy: When you call to cancel, they'll offer you some things to keep you as a customer. I call once a year & get my current price renewed w/o being on contract

It's a bluff that works with 95% of the companies out there. It's how I lower all my monthly bills.

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

Maybe, I hope they do, but rumor is that the promos forever deals have tightened up as of late.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to foo

@Poor_Boy:

Why not try the "Charter Direct" forum here on BBR? They seem to be better able to deliver what you are asking for.

foo

Chicago, IL

Great point. They've been very helpful in my experience with them. They've kept me with Charter due to their helpfulness.

Premium

@fooo:

Let us know how it goes ok? Thanks.

BTW Has the former Saturn GM plant there in Spring Hill started producing cars again yet?

foo

Chicago, IL

said by 15444104:

BTW Has the former Saturn GM plant there in Spring Hill started producing cars again yet?

Yep. Just in time for me to sell my house & move to Chicago, too.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to whoaru99

said by whoaru99:

Maybe, I hope they do, but rumor is that the promos forever deals have tightened up as of late.

Yes,
Do let us know if you can get some kind of deal as I also thought those days were over.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Poor_Boy

@covad.net

said by cork1958:

said by whoaru99:

Yes,
Do let us know if you can get some kind of deal as I also thought those days were over.

No deals! Only as advertised full price from Charter Direct.

Premium

said by Poor_Boy :

No deals! Only as advertised full price from Charter Direct.

Let the churn begin. It'll be well deserved.

Guess Tom Rutledge is going to be a hard azz and insist on "his vision" customers be damned!

Well it won't take long to reverse course, look what happened to that other arrogant brass tack, Ron Johnson over at JC Penny. LOL

naive1016

join:2011-04-03

My contract is also going to expire and I cannot seem to get a promo or discount to stay with charter. It seems they don't care if you stay or not. There is a promo for $30 Mo/30 Mb but they said it's only for new customers. Let me know if any of you can get it because I am trying to get it right now with no luck.

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

3 edits

said by naive1016:

It seems they don't care if you stay or not.

Apparently not enough people put their money where their mouth is. What is the incentive to lower the prices if people keep re-upping at the current ones?