This is a sub-selection from [Raiding] Mean People Suck
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: [Raiding] Mean People Suck

Maybe blizz can start a LFMPR(looking for mean people raid) and a LFNPR(looking for nice people raid)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by cigtyme:

Maybe blizz can start a LFMPR(looking for mean people raid) and a LFNPR(looking for nice people raid)

lol... dangit... that coffee was hot!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
I really do not see where the problem is in the first place--in all the LFRs I've been in, both this and last expac, verbal abuse is not the main problem to fun OR completion--it's really the baddies and under-geared people bag-stacking to get in and get carried to collect free loots.

Like I said, slow news day over at DB.

You really want to start a controversy? Require every piece of gear that can be enchanted, to be enchanted. Require every piece of gear with a socket to have an expac-appropriate gem. Let LFR auto-kick anyone who falls under the DPS threshold. Auto-kick anyone who isn't within 2% of the hit/exp caps. Auto-kick anyone with more than 2 pieces of PVP gear. Auto-kick anyone who stands in fire and dies more than once per encounter.

THAT would take a large amount of necessary time-wasting away from the whims of the tank/RL and make it automatic.

At that point, you can say whatever you want about anyone's mom, Hitler, or Darth Vader.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

it's really the baddies and under-geared people bag-stacking to get in and get carried to collect free loots.

That is the truth. This is the main reason why they made PvP gear not so absolutely useless in PvE, so baddies can still use them and not be next to worthless.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Ok well make a LFNBR(looking for non-baddie raid) and make a LFCR(looking for competent raider)
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

You really want to start a controversy? Require every piece of gear that can be enchanted, to be enchanted. Require every piece of gear with a socket to have an expac-appropriate gem. Let LFR auto-kick anyone who falls under the DPS threshold. Auto-kick anyone who isn't within 2% of the hit/exp caps. Auto-kick anyone with more than 2 pieces of PVP gear. Auto-kick anyone who stands in fire and dies more than once per encounter.

woooow now... I raid hardmodes wearing pvp gear... can't help shitty drop rates, but pvp is a perfectly fine filler with the way the gear is handled this xpac.. Malevolent gear > anything not from MV reg or better.(with the exception of pvp trinkets).

Everything else there is fine with me ...

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You could go either way on the first tier of raiding.

PVP gear is ilevel 450 with PVP stats IIRC. But you can get geared in heroics or from rep and you will have 463 blues or 476 purples. PVP gear is a fine filler for heroics, but ideally doesn't have a place in raids.

That said, if you can keep up with someone in 463 gear on the meters, then more power to you. That's why I mentioned a threshold for activity inside the raid, not just a gear-check to be able to queue. You should have to put time into getting ready to raid.