uniqs
share rss forum feed

moulder3

join:2007-05-21
Boston, MA
reply to joejoejeo

Re: iGuide A30

Has anyone that has A30 actually tried this reported feature:
Ability to directly play a completed recording from the customers DVR through your XFINITY TV online account.

I'm mostly excited about A30 for this feature, but I haven't seen anyone actually comment on using it (making me wonder if it's really included)

joejoejeo

join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

said by moulder3:

Has anyone that has A30 actually tried this reported feature:
Ability to directly play a completed recording from the customers DVR through your XFINITY TV online account.

I'm mostly excited about A30 for this feature, but I haven't seen anyone actually comment on using it (making me wonder if it's really included)

they told me that it is not initially turned on there website would have to be partly rewritten and they dont have the servers setup at the capacity to the customers who are going to get A30. they will first get the servers up and running and tested before they turn on the feature on the website

tknex

join:2012-10-03

1 recommendation

This is not true. The feature enables you to use your XFINITY TV online account to start a DVR recording on your TV just like you can change a channel. You will NOT be able to watch DVR recordings anywhere but on your TV.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

thnex you don't have a source for your info like I do. your true that you can start watching a recording on your tv by selecting it online. But in the future they will enable the feature that is in A30 that will let you watch certain programs will be uploaded to Comcast servers much like the dvr info is uploaded to the Comcast servers, so you can watch it on your computer or tablet

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to tknex

said by tknex:

This is not true. The feature enables you to use your XFINITY TV online account to start a DVR recording on your TV just like you can change a channel. You will NOT be able to watch DVR recordings anywhere but on your TV.

Yes, that sounds right based on what I have read...

»www.engadget.com/2012/10/12/comc···-update/

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

2 edits

im going to check into this for all you guys

i got an update on it from somebody at comcast and it's going to be through the web portal or XFINITY TV App. It has not been enabled yet on xfinitytv.comcast.net yet or the Xfinity TV app.

tknex

join:2012-10-03

1 recommendation

reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

thnex you don't have a source for your info like I do. your true that you can start watching a recording on your tv by selecting it online. But in the future they will enable the feature that is in A30 that will let you watch certain programs will be uploaded to Comcast servers much like the dvr info is uploaded to the Comcast servers, so you can watch it on your computer or tablet

Quick to make judgement without having a clue how I get my information.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

im going to check into this for all you guys

i got an update and it is through the web portal or XFINITY TV App. it has not been enabled yet on xfinitytv.comcast.net yet

I don't think what you described is related to the A30 guide though; what you described sounds like an update to the XFINITY TV app...

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
reply to The Q

I can already start a dvr recording online. I have a28 but I'm in a Motorola area.

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN

there was an update that people have said that they already recieved this feature which is wrong. the feature you recieved is to watch a record on the tv by selecting it online. in A30 you would have the ability to watch it online through xfinitytv.comcast.net and the xfinity tv app natively.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

OK so I can watch my recording on saturday night live FROM my DVR 10 miles away while I am on lunch at work on my android cell phone?

gdio53

join:2000-07-30
Feeding Hills, MA
reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

there was an update that people have said that they already recieved this feature which is wrong. the feature you recieved is to watch a record on the tv by selecting it online. in A30 you would have the ability to watch it online through xfinitytv.comcast.net and the xfinity tv app natively.

Not true, I have had the a30 guide (Springfield, MA area) for a while and cannot watch my recorded shows online or with the mobile app.

I can use the online system to start watching a recorded show on my TV.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

I don't see how you will be able to watch recorded shows on your computer or mobile device UNLESS your content is recorded on a server somewhere or they can use a VPN.

The Q

Collegeville, PA
reply to joejoejeo

said by joejoejeo:

in A30 you would have the ability to watch it online through xfinitytv.comcast.net and the xfinity tv app natively.

That would be awesome.

I did read about trademark application for the term DOWNLOAD2GO that may possibly be for customers to be able to download on demand or DVR content via a mobile app to watch (in addition or instead of live streaming) but that is the app and probably not triggered by or related to the A30 guide...

source: »www.fiercecable.com/story/comcas···12-10-08

joejoejeo

Bloomington, IN
reply to gdio53

they have not enabled the feature yet on there servers and website and updated there app. when more people get A30 they will turn it on. they dont have the capacity yet to enable that feature. as for mikedz4 they are uploaded to a server and tagged as yours like it is now for the info in the my DVR feature online

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

so comcast is moving our recordings to "the cloud" in order for us to watch them anywhere?

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by mikedz4:

so comcast is moving our recordings to "the cloud" in order for us to watch them anywhere?

more like replicating