All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to milnoc

Anon

to milnoc

Re: Montreal has no mayor: Tremblay resigns due to corruption.

said by milnoc:

All I'm hoping is that his passport is seized so that he doesn't suddenly leave the country with bags of OUR money.

I don't think he can be touched due to laws. In addition, the laws state if anything does happen to someone in office, the tax payer pays all legal/court costs.

There is already someone else being investigated and we are all paying for his legal team. Sky is the limit.

In addition, anyone/everyone who is "singing" at this corruption commission won't be facing anything. "Anything they state can't be used against them in court". So everyone talking and pointing fingers is getting as much as possible off their chest since whatever they state can never be used against them.

Everything they did
Everything they took
Everyone they met
Everyone involved
Every minor crooked detail

Can't be held against them.

There are a couple of lawyers trying to fight this though, but it will go no where. The law is the law. In addition, it would cost the tax payer millions since we are on the hook to pay all legal fee's for elected officials.

Since Tremblay and the Laval mayor haven't taken the stand, maybe stuff can be used against them. But where will it go?

Or if they do take the stand, then anything they say can't be used against them.

It's in everyones best interest to sing like a little rat (rats sing!). If they don't, then stuff could come back and they can face time and fines.

Anyone recall the city of Montreal's plans to install water meters in everyones home? The mob controlled the meters inflating the costs 10,000% it was found out and the project scrapped. Now it's on the table again.

How can the mayor claim to know nothing? heh

But, every business is run like this in Montreal. Not just construction. I can tell you some stories with some fed MP's back in the days when I worked Northern Telecom (Nortel).

It all runs deeper than the little surface scratch we are seeing here.

And if anyone thinks their prov or city isn't the same... I can only shake my head.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by hm :

And if anyone thinks their prov or city isn't the same... I can only shake my head.

Never heard of anything even remotely ever going on in Peterborough the likes of the cesspool that is Quebec and some of its municipalities.

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to hm

to hm
said by hm :

[And if anyone thinks their prov or city isn't the same... I can only shake my head.

Bull!!!

I've said this twice already here....a friend of mine sold to the
construction industry in all of Canada except the Maritimes for 30
years! He says NO PROVINCE was like Quebec when it came to
corruption. He couldn't sell a box of nails in PQ without a kickback to
someone.

FaxCap

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

Never heard of anything even remotely ever going on in Peterborough the likes of the cesspool that is Quebec and some of its municipalities.

Nor have I in Niagara, and I do all sorts of work right now for various construction companies in the region.

If the best people in Quebec can come up with is "it happens elsewhere" they're living with their heads up their asses. It doesn't happen anywhere even remotely close to that level anywhere but in Quebec. End of story.

dfw
@bell.ca

dfw

Anon

If you look you will see that the mob is well into Canada , there is no law for being in the mob , the difference in Quebec is they didn't hide it.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by dfw :

the difference in Quebec is they didn't hide it.

Bzzzt wrong. Aside from the fact that Quebec and its municipalities have always been and still is the most corrupt political entity in Canada, the mob and the politicians did try to hide it - it's just that no one in Quebec was any good at it.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to dfw

to dfw
said by dfw :

If you look you will see that the mob is well into Canada , there is no law for being in the mob , the difference in Quebec is they didn't hide it.

Sooner or later next province will come out..

dsa
@bell.ca

dsa

Anon

The Calabrese Mob Ndrangheta have strong influence in Ontario and this not something that is not unknown , most of the Ndrangheta person exiled themselve to Ontario so you can see that they are present.

We all knew what was going in Quebec and then add all those people bragging having good relations with Mayors and Politicians and people doing what they want.

Some companies owner were even bragging that they were receiving an amount for each contracts , it's not the way to keep it secret.

Then you get all these reunions , parties , event with all of them together , so it's not what makes it go secret.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Dude, I live in the Niagara Peninsula. Hamilton and Niagara Falls are here. There is more mob activity that goes on here than anyone will ever care to admit.

It isn't, however, heavily involved in politics or construction, at least outside of a very limited scope in Niagara Falls or the few construction companies that are *known* to have mob ties. Beyond that, there's very little political involvement, and the mob doesn't have their hands in the jar of every construction company. Comparatively speaking, there's ziltch in Ontario in that regard compared to what goes on in Quebec. I say this as someone who works in the construction industry.

Like I said, you guys in Quebec were just more corrupt, and on top of that weren't very good at doing it, either.

Furthermore, if the best excuse Quebec can come up with for their corruption scandals is to cry "Ontario does it too!" - without any concrete proof, no less - it just goes to show the very sad state of affairs that is political integrity in that province, or for the ability of Quebecers to demand more of their elected officials. Cry me a river, because this kind of bullshit doesn't work on me.