Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Bye Bye Suzuki cars.

»editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/au···tos_3693

quote:
Suzuki quitting U.S. market, declares bankruptcy
Going forward, the American division will sell only motorcycles, ATVs and marine engines.

The only time I was interested in one of their cars was back when they had the samurai. Other then that, I seldom gave them a thought.
I was actually surprised that the town I live in has a Suzuki dealership [of sorts]. I had thought they had closed up shop a while ago, just like Isuzu did.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

I got a ride in a Samurai once. It was like riding in a tin can. I though I was going to die!

jrs8084
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Statesville, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Coworker has an early model tracker which is equally tin can like with all that exposed metal on the inside.

He just got off work, and had forgot he had his deer feeder in the back. . . Well, he didn't forget about the feeder-he forgot to turn off the timer.

Well, when he was sitting at the stoplight light in front of work (with coworkers around to jump out and hit the ground) All that corn slinging around hitting that metal

He takes the coworkers jests in stride now.

bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
reply to Snakeoil

A guy at work has the SX4, the AWD hatch, looks decent (like a Subaru Impreza). Twice now I've seen it dump it's coolant in the parking lot, don't know why...

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
reply to Snakeoil

i briefly had a 91 chevy sprint (swift) with the 3 cyl 1l engine, it was such a simple car, my lawnmower was more complicated, BUT it was oddly a blast to drive!

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

I had the exact same car and year. It was my first brand new car and it was fun to drive with a manual transmission and was reliable for the seven years I owned it.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA

1 recommendation

reply to Snakeoil

Mitsubishi may be next to go away.

fartness
computersoc dot com
Premium
join:2003-03-25
Look Outside
reply to Snakeoil

Good riddance. Had a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara and it was junk and the dealer network sucked big time. Glad it was rear ended. I don't miss it one bit.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to Snakeoil

My friend had a 05 or 06 Forenza for a while and it was a POS. It was constantly breaking down or having electrical issues. I had to shuttle him to the nearest Suzuki dealer about 30 miles away on more than one occasion. He recently traded it in for a Nissan.

rjackal
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Plymouth, MI
reply to Snakeoil

I'm surprised it took them this long to exit, and that they didn't use the auto industry collapse in 08-09 as an excuse to do so. I agree; Mitsu next!

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
reply to Snakeoil

Good ridance.....

Maybe they'll update their motorcycle product line now.

--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to Snakeoil

Datsun ?

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by IllIlIlllIll:

Datsun ?

Nissan...
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by Cho Baka:

said by IllIlIlllIll:

Datsun ?

Nissan...

Soup !
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to IllIlIlllIll

said by IllIlIlllIll:

Datsun ?

Hey there is still room for old Datsun's. I see the old 240Z's through 280Z's running all over the place here in LV. Most are in pretty good shape, mainly because there isn't much rust in the desert heat.