Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cablesurfer

join:2000-02-05
Thousand Oaks, CA
reply to Dampier

Re: Time Warner Boosting Standard Speed to 15Mbps

Looks like they already have pushed So. California up to 15/1 as that is what I am not testing at on the standard tier !

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit

Funny, I can pull down a consistent 17 Mbps on SpeedTest.net but I can't get a regular file download from anywhere (nVidia, Microsoft, etc.) to go faster than about 250-300 KB/sec at 1 a.m. Is TWC manipulating the speed test site results or what?

Edit: Found »www.hd-trailers.net can deliver at a little over 1 MB per second.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to cablesurfer

said by cablesurfer:

Looks like they already have pushed So. California up to 15/1 as that is what I am not testing at on the standard tier !

Getting ~30Mb/sec with Powerboost. Still ~9.7Mbps without PowerBoost, so it hasn't gone live in Los Angeles yet.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
reply to banditws6

Try a better speed test.

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

said by cablesurfer:

Getting ~30Mb/sec with Powerboost. Still ~9.7Mbps without PowerBoost, so it hasn't gone live in Los Angeles yet.

Something's definitely changed. Previously, Speedtest.net would peak at around 22 Mbps and then drop down closer to 10 Mbps for me. When I just ran it, it stayed around 33 Mbps for the entire test. Even if that was Powerboost for the whole transfer, that's faster than the Powerboost used to be.