Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cryfreedom66

join:2012-11-07

Ubee ddw3611 Bridge Mode Worth It?

Hey everyone. I recently upgraded to Roadrunner Lightning through Brighthouse. They installed a Ubee ddw3611 and I'm having trouble connecting to Xbox Live. This seems like a very common problem and there are a lot of "solutions'. Ive been jumping through a lot of hoops to get it to work (static IPS, MAC, Port Forwarding etc) but still get a NAT error on my Xbox.

I'm thinking the best solution at this point is to just use the Ubee router as a modem and hook up my other router.

The only thing stopping me is im not sure if my other router is as good as the Ubee router (which doesnt seem like its very good anyway)

SO basically i'm asking if I install my Netgear WNDR3800 as my router using the Ubee DDW3611 as a modem in bridge mode will I see any performance loss vs the Ubee as a modem/router?

If the answer is yes its worth it, then can anyone provide the steps necessary to do this. I've seen some other forums on it but they span multiple pages and are very convoluted.

Thanks looking forward to some expert advice!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:161
Yes in your case bridging would be a good thing. I can do this for you during office hours remotely. Open a direct forums thread and include your IP and I'll get it done.

cryfreedom66

join:2012-11-07
When are office hours?

More information on how to open a direct forums thread and what to title it?

Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:161
reply to cryfreedom66
»Bright House Networks Direct