SparkDawg
Premium Member
join:2005-01-06
Ypsilanti, MI

SparkDawg

Premium Member

AT&T to Invest $14 Billion to Expand Wireless, Wireline

»www.att.com/gen/press-ro ··· id=35661
..AT&T today announced plans to invest $14 billion over the next three years to significantly expand and enhance its wireless and wireline IP broadband networks to support growing customer demand for high-speed Internet access and new mobile, app and cloud services. The investment plan – Project Velocity IP (VIP) – expands AT&T's high-potential growth platforms, helping drive continued increases in revenues from existing and new products and services, and earnings per share...
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

It would be nice if AT&T would provide a detailed map or listing of what they plan to do and where. I would like to know if I will be switched to full Uverse, internet/VOIP only Uverse, significantly upgraded DSL, LTE, or carrier pigeon.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

1 edit

AMDUSER

Premium Member

said by davidhoffman:

I".. I would like to know if I will be switched to full Uverse, internet/VOIP only Uverse, significantly upgraded DSL, LTE, or carrier pigeon.

So would I.. as I already have IP-DSL [with a 6 Meg Max..- though the line is capable of upto 9 Meg [per the tech who installed it]..
If it doesn't get faster, TWC will be offering 15 Meg cable - as the standard service... per BBR news on the front page.. and I might be tempted to switch at the end of the year contract.

justbits
DSL is dead. Long live DSL!
Premium Member
join:2003-01-08
Chicago, IL

justbits to SparkDawg

Premium Member

to SparkDawg
I expect that all upgrades are only being done with the goal of expanding wired infrastructure to support wireless infrastructure. And if past PR is any indicator of actual performance (it is), don't expect any of these goals to be fully met in the given time frame.

I'd recommend that people make decisions on what they have available today, not the PR about what might be available two years from now. I've waited through Project Pronto and Project Lightspeed with no change in service.