buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to 88615298

Re: Unlimited is not sustainable

said by 88615298:

Anyone that think cell phone companies can offer unlimited 4G data for $30 is both obtuse and naive. That being said at&t should have juts let these unlimited customers finish out their contracts before getting them off unlimited.
Regardless unlimited is not coming back so all the "It's my right to have unlimited data" whiners need to get over it.

Naive and obtuse is when someone speaks without being fully informed which bf69 you may have just demonstrated. Just remember " Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt" A. Lincoln

Please Show your proof that unlimited is not sustainable especially with all the restrictions that are now carried on top of "unlimited". Also there you go running off your mouth without reading, As I said unlimited data No where did I or anyone say 4G ( in reference to speeds or tech). If you knew the details most original unlimited users were 3G. Theres no reason ATT or any competitor can not retain there unlimited customers on the plans they were offered with all the restrictions that are in place and some they have yet to enforce. Not to mention ATT still offers Unlimited 3G plans for feature phones on there prepaid accounts. That alone shows its sustainable.

Sure there is a loophole for everything Easily done by ATT to offer those unlimited customers new 4G equipped phones (LTE or HSPA) but throttle there accounts to 3G speeds leaving them still unlimited, and there would almost be no complaints from the FCC. that I believe most customers would see as a fair compromise, ATT to customers: "No you can not have 30mbps LTE unlimited but well give you 3mbps, ether take it or upgrade." thats the compromise.

PS I rack up on average 7.5 GB a month on TMO using my dualcore phone w free tethering and they have never cut me off or said peep.
Also a Friend of mine uses his ATT Iphone 4 on ATT $50 prepaid plan, guess what they don't charge him per GB they just throttle the hell out of his connection, but its still unlimited!

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by buddahbless:

Please Show your proof that unlimited is not sustainable

Please show me proof how Verizon can offer unlimited 4G data to 92 million customers with a mere 10 MHz of spectrum on download and 10 MHz on upload.

Rambo76098

join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Just because you have unlimited data doesn't mean you're going to use gobs of it. In fact, a study of the top 5% of tiered and unlimited users found they consume almost exactly the same.

»bgr.com/2012/02/23/throttling-un···y-finds/

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

said by buddahbless:

Please Show your proof that unlimited is not sustainable

Please show me proof how Verizon can offer unlimited 4G data to 92 million customers with a mere 10 MHz of spectrum on download and 10 MHz on upload.

There you go again please have more to say than taking a quote out of content. Also as I said before "best to be though of as a fool than..." well you know. Nowhere and I mean nowhere did I mention or speak of Verizon or sustainable unlimited 4G data, you should really learn to read full content and stop while your ahead.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

said by 88615298:

Maybe if you shoved that many users on one cell tower, it'd be unsustainable. They have hundreds of thousands.