uniqs
share rss forum feed

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

75mbps by 2013?

Two months to do this?

That being said... I'm glad they're doing it. My parents only have a measly 1.5mbps DSL connection (and it disconnects all of the time) at home. Where I live, I can get either a local municipally owned ISP (cable) - 10/1 for $34/mo. I personally have 30/2 for $54/mo, though.

That being said, if I could get their U-Verse IPDSLAM service I would be ecstatic. I'd gladly welcome in 24/3 for the higher upload speed, or even 45/6 or whatever projected upstream plan they have.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

read carefully
"... U-Verse speeds to 75 Mbps by the end of 2013..."

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX

Definitely wasn't there when I posted :P
I figured it was a typo, though.

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1
reply to tshirt

said by tshirt:

read carefully
"... U-Verse speeds to 75 Mbps by the end of 2013..."

Probably in Texas.
Expand your moderator at work

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX

Re: 75mbps by 2013?

Thank you for this informative input!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to LightS

said by LightS:

Two months to do this?

That being said... I'm glad they're doing it. My parents only have a measly 1.5mbps DSL connection (and it disconnects all of the time) at home. Where I live, I can get either a local municipally owned ISP (cable) - 10/1 for $34/mo. I personally have 30/2 for $54/mo, though...

Why don't they just get cable then faster speed and stability? My parents' new place and neighbors have crappy 1 Mb/sec Verizon DSL services (no FIOS in this rural area), but they all got Time Warner Cable services and now happier. It's funny how neighbors copied the new house owners.

LightS
Premium
Greenville, TX

1 recommendation

They don't have cable available. Charter, the incumbent cable ISP, completely skipped the neighborhood years ago. Probably a disagreement with the HoA.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by LightS:

They don't have cable available. Charter, the incumbent cable ISP, completely skipped the neighborhood years ago. Probably a disagreement with the HoA.

Oh that sucks! Get HoA to get cable!