Search similar:

uniqs

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

[Anveo] Setup OBi 110 for Anveo

I was trying to follow the example on the Anveo website but it does not match the pages displayed by the modem. Can anyone offer help in configuring the OBI 110 to work with Anveo?

Thanks!
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

said by dnoyeB:

I was trying to follow the example on the Anveo website but it does not match the pages displayed by the modem. Can anyone offer help in configuring the OBI 110 to work with Anveo?

Thanks!

The easiest way is to do that via OBi web portal. You can then un-register your device from OBi portal but before you do - disconnect device from the internet, otherwise it can be reset to defaults. After device is unregistered from OBi portal you can connect it to the internet again and tweak further. Make sure you save configuration before making any changes - OBi is finicky and can easily go into infinite reboot loop requiring reset to defaults.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

so I should create an obitalk account strictly for the purposes of setup?
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
My non-default settings for Anveo:

(in ITSP Profile A -> SIP)

ProxyServer: anveo.com
X_UseRefer (checked)
X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix (checked)

(in SP1 Service -> SIP Credentials)

AuthUserName: (10 digit Anveo account number)
AuthPassword: (SIP password from Anveo site, different from your login password for Anveo)

Depending on your application, you may also want to change digit maps, spoof caller ID, etc.
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to dnoyeB

Premium Member

to dnoyeB
said by dnoyeB:

Yes
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

4 edits

DaveSin to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
This is my OBi110 setup:

Browse to Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General and enable X_SymmetricRTPEnable. 

Also, given that Anveo use DNS SRV, it's nonsensical to explicitly specify their proxy server 
host and port. Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP, just set ProxyServer to 
<B>"anveo.com",</B> and check Default for everything from ProxyServerPort through OutboundProxyPort. 
<B>Enable</B> "X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix",   "X_ProxyServerRedundancy" 
and  "X_SecondaryRegistration"

Moodifying Stewarts data a bit,

(in ITSP Profile B -> General)

X_SymmetricRTPEnable (Checked)

(in ITSP Profile B -> SIP)

ProxyServer: anveo.com

X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix (checked)
X_ProxyServerRedundancy (checked)
X_SecondaryRegistration (checked)

(in SP2 Service -> SIP Credentials)

AuthUserName: (10 digit Anveo account number)
AuthPassword: (SIP password from Anveo site, different from your login password for Anveo)

EDIT: ***Not sure what "X_UseRefer (checked)" in Stewarts setup does. I do not have that checked on my OBi110. Maybe he can explain further.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to dnoyeB

to dnoyeB
said by dnoyeB:

The OBiTalk portal is a "dumbed down" interface, intended to make it easier for non-technical people to configure their devices. IMO, if you are comfortable configuring other VoIP hardware, routers, modems, etc. via their Web interfaces, you should avoid the OBiTalk portal -- it's an undocumented source of mystery and complexity, and a possible source of trouble.

However, it does provide a (presumably) secure way to administer a device remotely, which may make it suitable for your application.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

I wasn't looking forward to using the portal as opposed to going directly into the device. But I don't know anything about VOIP and that device has a TON of configurations. I didn't see any tips on setting it up directly.

Also, since I don't know VOIP I don't know exactly the minimum things I should expect to need to configure...
JoeSchmoe007
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

JoeSchmoe007 to dnoyeB

Premium Member

to dnoyeB
Setup for OBi 202:

»[Anveo] Manual Configuration for OBi-202

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus
Southfield, MI

dnoyeB

Looks like step 1 will be to update the firmware. I don't have this DNS proxy setting.
dnoyeB

dnoyeB

OK, got it online. DO I need to configure anything special in my router?
dnoyeB

dnoyeB

How do I call out from the OBi 110 with a Vonage modem plugged into the line port?