All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast to Immer

to Immer

Re: [Classes] Warlock 5.0.5

I love the visual of chaos bolt, but its hard to work in since the cast time really is a long time lol, you can get more dps just casting conflag? a few times in the same amount of time it takes to cast bolt, but when i have three embers built up ill cast the spell that boosts my crit chance and then cast bolts back to back just refreshing between bolts to keep immolate up then go back to building up embers, rinse n repeat. with Destro i can at least cast and watch whats going on in the game at the same time, afflict you have to stare at your toon just about the whole time to watch whats on cd, whats running out, just way to much spell maintenance

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger

Premium Member

Chaos bolt is always a crit btw. No need to burn the extra crit CD when casting it. I usually pop the CD when I'm low on embers as incenerate and fel flame crits build burning embers faster. It's usually a good idea to use at the beginning of a fight to build embers quickly, throw out some chaos bolts, then pop everytime you are low on embers and the fight mechanics allow it.

Edit: Sorry I think this thread was actually intended to be an AFF Lock guide.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Bodybagger:

no, the entire thread should be "Warlock", but if you are posting a specific spec guide just add "(Demonology)" or "(Destruction)" to the title of your reply post. Quick replies to the Affliction guide post should carry the appropriate subject line in them.

...and I'm just following forum methodology that works well in online classes. Not really a DSLR etiquette standard by any means.

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
said by Bodybagger:

Chaos bolt is always a crit btw. No need to burn the extra crit CD when casting it. I usually pop the CD when I'm low on embers as incenerate and fel flame crits build burning embers faster. It's usually a good idea to use at the beginning of a fight to build embers quickly, throw out some chaos bolts, then pop everytime you are low on embers and the fight mechanics allow it.

If you're talking about Backdraft that doesn't provide a crit, it reduces the cast time of the next 3 incinerates or 1 chaos bolt by 30%. Game guides usually say if you have 3 up, cast incinerate, otherwise chaos bolt.

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger

Premium Member

No I thought he was talking about Dark Soul which gives you an increased crit chance in destro I do believe. I couldn't think of the name at the time of typing the reply.
Jodokast
join:2012-05-10

Jodokast

its ok, im at work and dont have all the spells memorized, ill update tomarrow once i get my facts straight

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
Ah right, Dark Soul: Instability does increase crit chance by 30% for 20 seconds.

The glyph of Dark Soul has a passive bonus of 3% to crit (except on cooldown) but at the cost of only 20% bonus. Could be useful.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by Goldheart:

Ah right, Dark Soul: Instability does increase crit chance by 30% for 20 seconds.

The glyph of Dark Soul has a passive bonus of 3% to crit (except on cooldown) but at the cost of only 20% bonus. Could be useful.

This might be implied, but to be specific ...

The glyph is only good if you expect Dark Soul to be off cooldown due to sandbagging for higher damage phases or some such. Otherwise, it should generally be on CD constantly, so it ends up being a pure nerf.

That said, I use it for questing because I'm not usually blowing DS to kill 3 mobs.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Nick D See Profile

The glyph is only good if you expect Dark Soul to be off cooldown due to sandbagging for higher damage phases or some such. Otherwise, it should generally be on CD constantly, so it ends up being a pure nerf.

I make it simple and just replaced Incinerate with a macro of:

/cast DS
/cast Incinerate

That way DS is blown every time it is up and I'm maximizing dps (because backdraft is buffed before hitting it) and building back embers fast with the crits.

Plus I'm just lazy like that. It's easier to hit one button than two.