All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571

NO, the Sox will continue to play at US Cellular....

(I am a Sox fan) but, I am disappointed that USCC will sell my wife's account out to Sprint, from USCC.

We will NOT be using Sprint here...doesn't work well....
Wife is long time mobile user...Only Verizon and USCC work OK here in Peoria area....Everyone else stinks...
River valley has a lot to do with it.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Sprint will work in that area since the customers and the spectrum will be moved over to Sprint-Nextel. So your service should increase as far as coverages goes. And you can tell Sprint phones to roam onto other networks, but in some cases you must force roam them.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to Bob61571

to Bob61571
peoria is not being sold just bloomington and champaign springfield decatur and such.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
said by TBBroadband:

Sprint will work in that area since the customers and the spectrum will be moved over to Sprint-Nextel. So your service should increase as far as coverages goes. And you can tell Sprint phones to roam onto other networks, but in some cases you must force roam them.

they arent giving the towers and network to them though so im not sure how this will help actual sprint coverage.

jhacker
join:2001-12-11
Peoria, IL

jhacker to Bob61571

to Bob61571
said by Bob61571:

(I am a Sox fan) but, I am disappointed that USCC will sell my wife's account out to Sprint, from USCC.

We will NOT be using Sprint here...doesn't work well....
Wife is long time mobile user...Only Verizon and USCC work OK here in Peoria area....Everyone else stinks...
River valley has a lot to do with it.

This is TERRIBLE news! Sprint's actual signal covers Peoria area fairly well, but their data service is HORRIBLE! I left Sprint for US Cellular in January because of this! I can't believe US Cellular would sell us out like this, after being in the market for 25 years. I WILL NOT BECOME A SPRINT CUSTOMER AGAIN! I guess we will just have to go back to Verizon.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to swintec

to swintec
the sounds of their press release and the way its worded sounds like they're taking over. Why else would Sprint be interested in taking those customers besides a little spectrum.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

the sounds of their press release and the way its worded sounds like they're taking over. Why else would Sprint be interested in taking those customers besides a little spectrum.

Because the customers are worth something, plus the spectrum is very valuable for sprint especially in a spectrum starved market like Chicago. This may give them the ability to do 10x10 deployment for LTE in those markets instead of 5x5 like what they are doing.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Customers maybe worth something and I know how the market is in Chicago, but the fact is Sprint is going to want more than just a few customers and some Spectrum. With customers being dropped from USC to Sprint is NOT going to go over very well, especially when customers are going to be upset and will look else where.

And when you have a deal like this, the buying company, normally gets more than just the customers and a spectrum, they get the entire network in those markets. It seems like something is not being said.

swintec
Premium Member
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by TBBroadband:

It seems like something is not being said.

Possibly, who knows. The article says only spectrum and customers. A good thread for the technical aspects of it: »s4gru.com/index.php?/top ··· om-uscc/
swintec

swintec to TBBroadband

Premium Member

to TBBroadband
»seekingalpha.com/article ··· t=single

"So, first at closing Sprint will pay U.S. Cellular $480 million. As Mary mentioned the sale includes most of the PCS spectrum and 585,000 customers in our Chicago, St. Louis, Central Illinois, and Indiana, Michigan, Ohio markets. The sale also contemplates the number of related agreements, the most significant of which our two transition services agreements; one to cover network operations and the other customer services. Under which the terms will provide for U.S. Cellular to continue to operate the network and service and build customers for up to two years after the closing. Sprint will pay U.S. Cellular for these services. Sprint will also reimburse U.S. Cellular for certain cost related to decommissioning the network and employee termination benefits up to a defined cap. U.S. Cellular will be responsible for store closing cost including employee and termination benefits."
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to jhacker

to jhacker
you wont you live in peoria which uscc is keeping
melvin marti
join:2012-12-18
Chicago, IL

melvin marti to Bob61571

to Bob61571
Bro Google network vision and Illinois and come back and say that SMH. THIS IS NOT THE SAME SPRINT FROM YEARS AGO.