Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Re: Speed bump in Rogers Areas?

Just a quick update.

Unlike in the past when they have issued speed changes on their retail tiers which have flowed down to wholesale, this time they have decided to remove the old packages and introduce 'new' ones at higher prices. It's still early in the process, but we're on it and will continue to update as things progress.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

Do you think you will be increasing prices as well, or?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

It's too early to know yet, depends how the commission reacts. If there is an increase though, our existing customers will be able to stay on their current packages/pricing if they don't want to change.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

Unlike in the past when they have issued speed changes on their retail tiers which have flowed down to wholesale, this time they have decided to remove the old packages and introduce 'new' ones at higher prices. It's still early in the process, but we're on it and will continue to update as things progress.

So we are going to see a back and fourth similar to the one around the 3mbit to 6mbit upgrade, I guess? From the Teksavvy thread on that issue:
»Re: Lite goes from 3mbit/s to 6mbit/s for Rogers customers
said by Teddy Boom:

said by andyb:

Who where what said anything was filed on the 15th? Nothing was filed on the tariff notices and I recieved zippo from any company about 2011-703/4 on the 15th or 16th

An August 27th letter from Rogers:
1. Rogers Communications Partnership (“Rogers”) herein files its reply comments associated with Rogers’ Tariff Notice 25 (“TN 25”) responding to comments received on August 9, 2012 from CNOC Inc.

2. CNOC proposes that the Commission not process Rogers TN 25 further until the Commission has rendered its determinations in the various Part I Applications to review and vary TRP 2011-703 (“Part I Applications”). CNOC submits that it would make sense for Rogers to file a cost study for 6 Mbps aggregated POI TPIA service only after the Commission has ruled on the various Part I Applications in order to eliminate the prospect of wasteful multiple cost studies.

3. Rogers agrees with CNOC that multiple cost studies would indeed be wasteful. Therefore, Rogers is amenable to maintaining the 6 Mbps rate filed in TN 25 on July 18th and approved on an interim basis in Telecom Order CRTC 2012-435 on an ongoing interim basis. After the final disposition of the Part I Applications, Rogers will file a revised tariff rate with supporting cost study. The rate that is ultimately approved by the Commission based on the cost study would then be made retro-active to October 1, 2012. October 1, 2012 is approximately the date at which a 6 Mbps tariff based on a revised cost study filed on September 15, 2012 would typically have been approved on an interim basis.

4. This approach will avoid parties incurring the cost of multiple cost studies while according Rogers the same ability to recover its costs as if it had filed a revised tariff and supporting cost study on September 15, 2012 as originally proposed in TN 25.

Yours very truly,
David Watt
Vice President
Regulatory Telecommunications
Copy: Interested
Not sure I'm reading it right, I'm not normally the first one to interpret this stuff
(jfmezei, we need your crazy ass back here please!!!)

bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

Unlike in the past when they have issued speed changes on their retail tiers which have flowed down to wholesale, this time they have decided to remove the old packages and introduce 'new' ones at higher prices.

I somewhat get that for 150/10 and 6/0.25, as those have higher retail prices than the speeds they've replaced.

But I'll be interested to see their justification for doing that with the other tiers, with the retail pricing staying the same.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to rocca

to rocca
Leave it to Robbers to find a loophole in order to screw us around.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

From a post by TSI Marc (in the Teksavvy forum):
»Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out

Does this Rogers crap never end ?
said by TSI Marc:

Looks like we're going to have to go to the CRTC.

On aggregated TPIA, they're giving the higher speeds along with a higher cost.. yet, their own users did not get a price change. This is not allowed.

For disaggregated, what we're on. They're saying we dont get the upgrades at all. Also not allowed.

CNOC submitted a Request for Enforcement of Speed-Matching Requirement earlier today.

*sigh*

bt
canada

bt

I really hope this is just so out of bounds that the CRTC is quick to enforce.

...what? A man can dream.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

I'm more confident with the new CRTC chair (Jean-Pierre Blais), that this bad dream will be over quicker than it would have been in the past.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

+1

damir52
SFRJ
Premium Member
join:2003-05-24

damir52

Premium Member

so, this means that we are not getting upgrades until crtc responds to this ?

O m G
damir52

damir52

Premium Member

Just noticed Lease time is back to 7 days.

Remaining Lease Time 6 days, 23:51:57 :='/

brassy
join:2004-01-09
Brantford, ON

brassy to rocca

to rocca
So any updates? Teksavvy seems to be posting on what they are doing (or plan on doing), what about start?
bt
canada

bt

said by brassy:

So any updates? Teksavvy seems to be posting on what they are doing (or plan on doing), what about start?

Start will be in on the CNOC filing I expect.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by bt:

Start will be in on the CNOC filing I expect.

:) Indeed.