share rss forum feed

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
reply to dennismurphy

Re: generator cord for electric stove

That only works if Natural Gas is available. Many of us do not have it available and I'm not going to pay $4+ per gallon for propane.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Jack_in_VA:

That only works if Natural Gas is available. Many of us do not have it available and I'm not going to pay $4+ per gallon for propane.

Completely understood. If I didn't have NG, I would just light the Weber and do pretty much all of the above. I have a side burner on my Weber Genesis which I could use for the sauce. Using a generator to run an electric stove is kinda nutty.

I did use the grill last Monday during the heart of the storm. Grilled some steaks. Because I could!

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom

said by dennismurphy:

said by Jack_in_VA:

Completely understood. If I didn't have NG, I would just light the Weber and do pretty much all of the above. I have a side burner on my Weber Genesis which I could use for the sauce. Using a generator to run an electric stove is kinda nutty.

I did use the grill last Monday during the heart of the storm. Grilled some steaks. Because I could!

I also have a grill with a "side" burner but I think unless I'm grilling a steak it's crazy to stand out in a storm or freezing temperatures when a nice warm kitchen is available with the stove. The stove doesn't care where the electricity comes from so as long as I'm willing to put gas in the generator that's the way to go for me. Coffee Pot, Microwave and Stove. Critical essential items to power.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Jack_in_VA

said by Jack_in_VA:

I don't. I paid $2.85 last fill.