Search similar:

uniqs
amorak
join:2011-03-12
Calgary, AB

amorak

How to Get 25mbps service?

Hey guys,

I have the 15MB service, but I wand the 25mbps. Telus tells me it's not available, yet my neighbour behind me can get it. Any way to get some support to check if there is any way to get me to 25mbps.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

You could move?
amorak
Calgary, AB

amorak

Thanks, genius.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak

Premium Member

said by amorak:

Thanks, genius.

I'm serious. If you don't qualify, you don't qualify. Sounds like you're on the cusp of being able to get service.
bimmerdriver
join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver to amorak

to amorak
Are you talking about internet only or Optik? If your neighbour can get it, you may not be eligible because you're too far from the DSLAM. When I originally tried to get bumped up to 25 Mbps Optik, Telus was balking, but a kind person on this board helped out and I've been getting 25 Mbps ever since.

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty

said by bimmerdriver:

Are you talking about internet only or Optik? If your neighbour can get it, you may not be eligible because you're too far from the DSLAM. When I originally tried to get bumped up to 25 Mbps Optik, Telus was balking, but a kind person on this board helped out and I've been getting 25 Mbps ever since.

Same here, when I had Optik. Even though their tools said I didn't qualify, this special person pushed it through and my speeds were perfect. Go figure..
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to amorak

to amorak
Well 'Special Person'
Help this guy.
Remember you will be giving your BEST help to a customer

AnonDSLGuy
@telus.net

AnonDSLGuy to amorak

Anon

to amorak
said by amorak:

Hey guys,

I have the 15MB service, but I wand the 25mbps. Telus tells me it's not available, yet my neighbour behind me can get it. Any way to get some support to check if there is any way to get me to 25mbps.

Ask to get a loop qual override done, in all likely hood your line is capable of much more than what loop qual indicates. Sadly loop qual is a complex topic, and the assumptions on noise models hurt most loops.

Tier 2 can look at your line Assia DSL Expresse, it'll give an MABR value for what your loop can likely hit, and then a qual override can be done based on that value.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I got help from a Special Telus Angel,not on this site ,after months and months of being told I didnot qualify so I know how it feels to have neighbours across the street who have and be the one left behind.
bimmerdriver
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver

I know how you feel. I was the one left behind too, until the Special Telus Angel helped me. Heh!
rayl6
join:2012-11-09
Surrey, BC

rayl6

how can i get help from the special telus angel?
bimmerdriver
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver

Pray.
amorak
Calgary, AB

amorak

Can anyone help me out and see if it's possible to get 25mbps at my location? I really don't want to switch to Shaw but need 25mbps minimum...
Knowthenazz
join:2012-09-28
Canada

Knowthenazz to amorak

to amorak
I'm 2 blocks away from friends who have Telus25, in 3 different directions..

I'd very much appreciate it if someone could check if it's possible for me as well.

Thanks!
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Maybe those customers that have all services with Telus get a better chance .
After all the biggest profits are Mobility then TV.
I have all services with them including a home phone.
THis was just a thought from me.
rayl6
join:2012-11-09
Surrey, BC

rayl6

i have all 3 too internet,tv and phone and telus is literally only a block away from which is a reason i dont understand why they cant give me optik turbo 25
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

It took me nearly two years to get my 25mbps.
Ask to be connected to the 'Loyalty and Retention' department.
l_dub
join:2011-06-20
Edmonton, AB

l_dub

Is there any reason as to why the online tool shows me that the Telus 25mb Turbo internet is not available, but then shows that Telus Optik 25MB internet is available at that same location??? I'm kind of confused as I thought these were exactly the same, just branded a little different.
tkmckay
Premium Member
join:2002-01-01
Calgary, AB

tkmckay

Premium Member

I decided to start a chat session with telus to see if the 25/2.5 turbo as well as the 3hd/1sd was available to me now that allot of upgrades have been going on to replace the 15/1 and 2hd/1sd Optix that I currently have. To my surprise I was able to get both the upgrades which I ask to have on Monday and was told they should take 24 hours to go through. I don't want to highjack the thread but does anyone have a suggestion for how long I should wait till I phone in or open another chat since I still haven't seen the update and its now about 48hours?
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Phone them back.I would not have waited that long.
tkmckay
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

tkmckay

Premium Member

Kruisey, thanks for the reply, I will phone in tomorrow after work!
tkmckay

tkmckay

Premium Member

call made, turns out what I was told on Monday was a screw up and I'm not able to get Optix Turbo or the 3HD/1SD profile on my line. Disappointment, that's all I feel atm.
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

Talk to 'Loyalty and Retention' because nobody deserves a run around like that.........Good Luck
Kruisey

Kruisey to tkmckay

to tkmckay
Do hope everything has been settled for you now.I presume it is because you have not replied.
tkmckay
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

tkmckay

Premium Member

I'm going to wait till Monday to phone in again till I have some more information Kruisey, thanks for the reply.
tkmckay

tkmckay

Premium Member

So, 8 days latter and I have both the 3hd/1sd as well as for the most part the Turbo net connection thanks completely to another wonderful Telus employee on this forum (one of many reasons I love this place)! After chatting yesterday I opened another chat session and was able to upgrade my connection from 2hd/1sd to 3hd/1sd and the 15/1 to 25/2.5 Optik net connection. The only downfall is because my line is not the best I only really get the 25/2.5 when I have the tv off, but I will take it. I went from this:
»speedtest.net/result/226 ··· 1856.png
to this which is with the tv off:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 7184.png
and with 2 hd streams going on both tv's:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 2544.png

All and all, I'm happy. It would be nice to have the first pictures results when watching TV but I will take what I can get at this point. At least with loop bonding I should see very close to the Optik50 50mbps down, or if its available for the package I have now I shouldn't see the speeds drop when watching tv.
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

1 recommendation

Symtex

said by tkmckay:

So, 8 days latter and I have both the 3hd/1sd as well as for the most part the Turbo net connection thanks completely to another wonderful Telus employee on this forum (one of many reasons I love this place)! After chatting yesterday I opened another chat session and was able to upgrade my connection from 2hd/1sd to 3hd/1sd and the 15/1 to 25/2.5 Optik net connection. The only downfall is because my line is not the best I only really get the 25/2.5 when I have the tv off, but I will take it. I went from this:
»speedtest.net/result/226 ··· 1856.png
to this which is with the tv off:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 7184.png
and with 2 hd streams going on both tv's:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 2544.png

All and all, I'm happy. It would be nice to have the first pictures results when watching TV but I will take what I can get at this point. At least with loop bonding I should see very close to the Optik50 50mbps down, or if its available for the package I have now I shouldn't see the speeds drop when watching tv.

I had to tweak your connection. You have full 31/3 sync rate now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
tkmckay
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

tkmckay

Premium Member

What inconvenience sir, you have given me what I have wanted for the last couple of years! I thank you again!

With 2 hd streams on:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 8676.png
Everything off:
»speedtest.net/result/232 ··· 2456.png
Kruisey
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to tkmckay

to tkmckay
So pleased for you.
I know how you feel because I've been there and done that.
bimmerdriver
Coquitlam, BC

bimmerdriver to amorak

to amorak
Ditto. Glad to see things are working for you.

Thanks again, Symtex.