share rss forum feed

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to cymraeg

Re: [Classes] Warlock 5.0.5

said by cymraeg:

why is the hit so low Suni?

It's an open debate on wow warlock forums, but the consensus is that lower hit does max dps. As far as talents, I use www.guildox.com to look at the spec that top guilds and players are using in current content.

Im surprised people are still using Noxxic when their information has been proven inaccurate in the past.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

I skimmed one of the discussions a bit and I'm frankly annoyed with the approach being taken on the matter.

Being at the raid spell hit cap of 15% is mathematically sound advice, especially for baseline players (or beginners), because if you are at the hit cap, you've limited your concerns to only your rotations and firing off your abilities at the perfect time to maximize Uptime. There is nothing wrong with this advice/approach. Nothing. Nothing has been disproven mathematically.

Now, there is another group of players who are of the mindset that they are willing to accept a chance to miss a raid boss target if they can effectively increase the dmg they are doing when they don't miss. Here is what I find annoying... the "you just need 8%" or "why are you saying they Need to be hitcapped when it's been proven that being under hitcap is a dps gain". See what's missing? The full disclosure of the real argument.

Just being under the hit cap (15%) is not in itself a dps boost. Choosing to sacrifice Hit/Exp in favor of Mastery/Haste is a dps increase for your hits provided you make enough adjustments to your playstyle to account for your misses. If you are under hit cap, you need to pay closer attention to your Haunt and stacks of Agony. If you lose your Agony stacks or lose Haunt uptime, you could see a dramatic drop in your dps. The Haste will allow you to re-cast a missed spell faster, and hopefully prevent you from losing uptime on Agony stacks and Haunt. So, in the interest of full disclosure... if you are micro-managing your DoTs really well and are looking for a way to squeeze out some more dmg, then consider adjusting your reforge priority so that Mastery and Haste are higher than Hit... and experiment. Staying above 8% will keep life running smoothly for lol dungeons and dailies.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

1 edit
reply to Suniojii

okay that doesnt explain the debate it just tells me about it, ill ask differently this time. why is 8% hit a good thing for more dps? why is 15% not?

edit; sorry just saw immers post i get it now
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Suniojii

said by Suniojii:

Im surprised people are still using Noxxic when their information has been proven inaccurate in the past.

Their format is clean, and they are a good place for beginners (such as me) to get a feel. Icy-Veins is the next step up with more in-depth discussion. EJ is hit or miss until they have solid OP guides built. MaxDPS and GuildOX are less theory and more anecdotal "what are people actually doing for their results" but they leave it up to the reader to explain "why" or "how" it works for them. Which site is "the best" will vary based on patch and player.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

okay that doesnt explain the debate it just tells me about it, ill ask differently this time. why is 8% hit a good thing for more dps? why is 15% not?

edit; sorry just saw immers post i get it now

Sorry, I am not being vague on purpose. There is just way to much information, simtests, and theorycrafting to be able to post anything that would provide a coherent read. My best results have been the warlock forums on icy veins and the official warlock forums. I reforged into mastery/haste and I have "personally" noticed large gains.
Item Level 463 - 490ish
Haste > Mastery > Hit > Crit

Item Level 490ish - 500ish
Mastery > Haste > Hit > Crit

Item Level 500+
Mastery > Hit > Haste > Crit