how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cubsnumber1

join:2012-11-05
reply to WOW_Dan

Re: Ultra TV scheduling Issues

Actually had them come out... (for another issue)

They gave me a new box bc they said that shouldn't be happening but it still is. (it also took them close to 4 hours to get it switched out...) It still gives me a hard drive message when I try to record anything on the actual box, but it will let me override it as long as I accept that something might not record. However I can't record anything online bc it gives me a hard drive space error.

It is obviously trying to add up everything I am trying to record, and I think that is poor programming, but EVEN then, I add up everything scheduled, and its only about 45 hours which still shouldn't be close to full.

I've power cycled everything many times.

I'm afraid this is just a limitation of the software, and there's nothing to be done. It's too bad though, because it could be a great system, but I'm not sure that its gonna work out. I mean getting a disk full error when you're at 4% capacity? That's crazy. And not being able to schedule remotely? I had gotten rather used to that with comcast and I might miss it too much.

Really frustrating.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
To power cycle you need to pull the battery too, right?

alan92rttt

join:2012-02-27
reply to cubsnumber1
said by cubsnumber1:

I add up everything scheduled, and its only about 45 hours which still shouldn't be close to full.

Actually 45 hours of HD programming will easily fill the internal 500gb drive. IIRC its about 2.5 gig per hour for 720p content.

WOW_Dan
Premium,VIP
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
reply to usa2k
said by usa2k:

To power cycle you need to pull the battery too, right?

Yes.

WOW_Dan
Premium,VIP
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:36
reply to cubsnumber1
said by cubsnumber1:

Actually had them come out... (for another issue)

They gave me a new box bc they said that shouldn't be happening but it still is. (it also took them close to 4 hours to get it switched out...) It still gives me a hard drive message when I try to record anything on the actual box, but it will let me override it as long as I accept that something might not record. However I can't record anything online bc it gives me a hard drive space error.

It is obviously trying to add up everything I am trying to record, and I think that is poor programming, but EVEN then, I add up everything scheduled, and its only about 45 hours which still shouldn't be close to full.

I've power cycled everything many times.

I'm afraid this is just a limitation of the software, and there's nothing to be done. It's too bad though, because it could be a great system, but I'm not sure that its gonna work out. I mean getting a disk full error when you're at 4% capacity? That's crazy. And not being able to schedule remotely? I had gotten rather used to that with comcast and I might miss it too much.

Really frustrating.

Did they replace the gateway (bigger black box with a lot of lights) or the media player (small box attached to your TV with a clock)?
--
Dan Della Terza
WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone
CMTS Operations Engineer