dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
grimalkin74
join:2011-05-31
Morro Bay, CA

grimalkin74

Re: [HSI] Unreliabile service with charter.

Another night, another issue. Its amazing that not once, since this has started up, have they offered any sort of credit, I had to demand it. Calling them is pointless, they do nothing, I've proven, more than once, its nothing within this house, they've proven more than once its nothing, within this house. Its their equipment, yet they do nothing, its ok, Direct TV like them now since they now have my TV.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

Wow sorry to hear about your continued problems out on the West Coast.

I still have a higher than normal ping latency time and it seems that Charter wants to call it "normal" or within spec...

That is a disgrace about you having to demand a credit even though they are obviously not providing the service you are paying for on a regular basis.

On top of that the new CEO at Charter Tom Rutledge is going to help us all out with a take it or leave it price as current customers after our promos are up. LOL I'm sure that extra cash will go to improve the system maintenance..right?
yakisoto
join:2005-05-16
Morro Bay, CA

yakisoto to grimalkin74

to grimalkin74
Hold on here...the internet feels uncharacteristically smooth. Woot! The Charter gods are smiling on my line tonight.

I've received a few "it's not us, it's your equipment" excuses.
- One day it was the router. "Oh, it's not rented from us?"
- Then it was my wireless APs. "Oh, it's not built in to the unit rented from us?"
- Then it moved on to my PCs. "Isn't this a server?"
- ...and the switches. "Are you sure this isn't a router?"
- ...then the network settings. "Static IPs and DNS on your LAN?"
- ...after I recorded a whole 4 days of dropped packets with software: "We can't accept this as evidence - your testing software is too sensitive"
- Moving to the outrageous: "Try using another ethernet cable, like the one we supplied in the box"
- And the final injustice: "Maybe it's your power outlet?"

We should start another thread where people post their most outrageous experiences with level 1 tech support calls and onsite techs.
yakisoto

yakisoto to 15444104

to 15444104
What I'd like to propose is instead of a monetary credit for downtime (especially since residential service is geared towards a best-effort SLA) is a bandwidth credit. There have been many months where I can't even approach my bandwidth transfer cap because the line has been too choppy. So, during a month where I only had a certain percentage of "error-free" uptime, the remaining unused data (or a percentage) would be rolled over into the next month's bandwidth cap.
grimalkin74
join:2011-05-31
Morro Bay, CA

grimalkin74 to yakisoto

to yakisoto
Power outlet? Wow, that is up there in stupid levels.

Now that I'm in my new house, and have had NO issues for several days I'm happy again. The Install Tech was flat out awesome and did exactly what I needed/ wanted. The only hitch, was the equipment turn in, I didn't get a receipt on my end, which was stupid, but I did get the tech number and name of the tech which should cover me, I hope.
grimalkin74

1 edit

grimalkin74

Well my call to the city, was finally answered, now, I'm waiting for a call from one of the charter city liaisons. This could be interesting to see where it goes. Mean while if you live in the Morro bay region i would suggest you call the city, and let them know.

and for tonight,