spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rick4769

@rr.com

[TWC] HD Feeds of CBC and CTV in WNY

When is TWC going to add the HD feeds of CBC and CTV in WNY? I was also wondering when TWC will add THIS Network which is 67.2 locally.

Satch

join:2009-11-25
Rick,

Do you mean, This TV?

Here in Milwaukee, TWC has had that for a long time. Nice little movie station and a few old sitcoms.

Satch

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to Rick4769
I have heard nothing regarding the HD feeds of the Canadian stations. Be interested to know how much you watch the SD feeds.

Hob

Rick4769

@rr.com
A lot of people in WNY watch the CBC show of Hockey Night in Canada with Don Cherry when the league isn't out on strike. CBC is broadcast in HD now. THIS Network is broadcast over the air locally at 67.2. »www.thistv.com/

THIS is mostly MGM movies that are not shown on the premium MGM Network and are free. You have to pay extra each month for the MGM Network in an HD tier at $6.00

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
Hockey night in Canada is shown in HD on the NHL Network, when hockey is not on strike. I am sure the NHL Network would rather people watch in on there other than the Canadian station.

Hob

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
said by hobgoblin:

Hockey night in Canada is shown in HD on the NHL Network, when hockey is not on strike. I am sure the NHL Network would rather people watch in on there other than the Canadian station.

Not all of the games are. For instance, I remember multiple times last year CBC showed an east coast game and then a west coast game, but the NHL Network only showed one of them (usually the east coast game) and then it would show NHL on the Fly afterwards.

Rick4669

@rr.com
Usually, the NHL Network will add the Montreal Canadian feed for the early game as CBC Toronto always carries the Leafs game as the early game. The Montreal game on the NHL Network is always in HD whereas the Leafs games on CBC are always in SD.

The CBC and CFTO channels should be carried in HD as they are now broadcast in Canada in the HD format.