spc
Search similar:

uniqs

sml1771
join:2006-11-20
Utica, MI

sml1771

All shows erased from my DVR

Woke up this morning to play a cartoon I had on my DVR for my son, only to realize that all of the shows had been erased. They were all gone. I had quite a few shows recorded so this was a shock. How could this happen ? I also noticed that when I went to turn on my cable box it was on channel 1, which I wasn't watching when it was turned off. This leads me to believe that it must have rebooted over night by itself. But I don't understand why it would erase all the shows I had recorded. Has this happened to anyone else ?
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt

I had this happen once with my Ultra system.

The power in the house "blipped" off/on one morning. Afterwords the system showed no recordings and nothing scheduled. But a review of the system showed all the series were still in the to be recorded list.

I powered the gateway down. waited a few minutes and powered it backup. All recordings were back and shows were scheduled again.

sml1771
Utica, MI

sml1771

hhhmmm....I don't have the ultra system, but I'll try rebooting the DVR/cable box to see if that changes anything. Thanks alan92rttt
alan92rttt

alan92rttt

Don't have ultra, this may not fix anything totally different systems.

get ultra its way better than the crappy SA boxes

sml1771
Utica, MI

sml1771

How so ? What exactly is better ????
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to sml1771

to sml1771
Better assumes you have:
A) more then one TV in the house
2) HD tv's

Why its better:
21st century UI
Ability to schedule recordings via the web
ability to adjust the start /end time of the recording
Ability to record/play back a recording from any TV in the house(thats connected)
search functions that works and is integrated into the on-deman library.
500gb space(can connect external drive)
if you have wow phone you can get on-screen caller id
easier navigation of on-demand library
Thats all I can think of off hand.

sml1771
Utica, MI

sml1771

is the on-screen caller id an extra charge ? I'll have to look into this if the price is right.
alan92rttt

alan92rttt

No extra charge.

The main unit and 2 players (box that makes it work and two TV connections) is $25 per month. Compare that to what ever hardware you're paying for now. The on-demand video has a section with videos on the ultra system. They have the videos on their website and youtube too.

(wonder if I can get them to pay me commission )
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991 to sml1771

to sml1771
And if you like to roll your own, Windows Media Center and a cableCARD does a better job than even Ultra. Better yet, you can do Media Center by itself--no second outlet needed, like with Ultra.

But if you do have that second TV (or more) it's especially nice if you already have XBox, which is the Windows Media Center extender for remote TVs--that is, until Ceton releases the Echo in a few weeks.
alan92rttt

alan92rttt to sml1771

to sml1771
"Windows Media Center and a cableCARD does a better job than even Ultra." Your opinion. I've used WMC and did not find it better that what ultra offers. Their is also the fact as we've discussed that is takes 7 years of ultra payments to equal the cost of and equivalent WMC based system.