dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Pabloottawa
join:2012-11-09

Pabloottawa

Rogers increasing their down/up speed... Will TS follow?

I just saw a thread about how Rogers will be increasing their default down/up speeds and I'm wondering how this is gonna impact Teksavvy..... Will TS be doing the same to remain competitive?

Also, Bell Fibe is now available in Ottawa Ontario.... Will TS be increasing their default down/up speeds to remain competitive??

Wondering.....
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

The relevant post is here:
»Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out

But you should probably read the entire thread.
Pabloottawa

Pabloottawa

I agree.. But still, I'd like to hear from a TS tech in the know....
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by Pabloottawa:

I agree.. But still, I'd like to hear from a TS tech in the know....

That link was to a post by TSI Marc...
Pabloottawa

Pabloottawa

And.....??

Not trying to sound difficult but no one has answered the question yet which is why I'm still hoping for an answer from someone IN THE KNOW. I just read the entire posted thread and it does not give a clear answer whatsoever.

A simple "Yes" or a "Not at this time but we may change things soon" would suffice.

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Support1 to Pabloottawa

Premium Member

to Pabloottawa
Hey there,

Keep monitoring the forums for updates! We don't have any information just yet, but once the info is available we'd be posting the news here as well.

Regards,
TSI-Ashley

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Pabloottawa

Premium Member

to Pabloottawa
The law/tariffs says yes.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Pabloottawa

Premium Member

to Pabloottawa
unfortunately.. it's just not that simple..
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Pabloottawa

to Pabloottawa
MARC has stated on the other thread that the CRTC has to be involved as Rogers is refusing to upgrade any TPIA providers unless they agree with moving to the new aggregated system and a price increase. It's against the rules the CRTC set as Rogers is not increasing prices for their own users and they are not allowed to not upgrade tiers that currently are offered on non-aggregated either.

I expect we will get it sometime in 2013, after the harm is done..
bt
canada

bt to Pabloottawa

to Pabloottawa
The question was answered in that post in the best way it can possibly be answered at the moment:

Rogers isn't letting Teksavvy have the speed upgrades without a fight at the CRTC. Getting the speed upgrades will depend on if they win or lose that fight.

Rickkins
join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Rickkins to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
And in quebecland.... will we ever see 60m...??
Expand your moderator at work

Taylortbb
Premium Member
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON

Taylortbb to Pabloottawa

Premium Member

to Pabloottawa

Re: Rogers increasing their down/up speed... Will TS follow?

said by Pabloottawa:

And.....??

Not trying to sound difficult but no one has answered the question yet which is why I'm still hoping for an answer from someone IN THE KNOW. I just read the entire posted thread and it does not give a clear answer whatsoever.

A simple "Yes" or a "Not at this time but we may change things soon" would suffice.

There just isn't a yes/no answer right now, but the really short summary is:

Rogers is legally obligated to make the speeds available to TekSavvy as a free upgrade. Rogers is completely ignoring this and trying to charge more money. As a result the matter will go to the CRTC and they will decide what happens. Until the CRTC decides no one is sure of anything. It might be a free upgrade or existing users might continue at current speeds/prices and new speeds/prices will be introduced.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Pabloottawa

Premium Member

to Pabloottawa
Can a mod please lock/delete/merge/whatever this thread with the existing thread on this topic.
bt
canada

bt to Taylortbb

to Taylortbb
said by Taylortbb:

Rogers is legally obligated to make the speeds available to TekSavvy as a free upgrade. Rogers is completely ignoring this and trying to charge more money not make them available to Teksavvy at all.

Fixed.