All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to elefante72

to elefante72

Re: Structural Issues

The problem with tmobile is that their plans are not competitive and their network is stuck on frequencies used by nobody but themselves. This enormous limitation has prevented a lot of people from switching.

TMobile's PAYG
$100 10¢/min 1 year
$50 13¢/min 90 days
$30 19¢/min 90 days
$10 33¢/min 90 days

10¢ texts, 25¢ MMS

PagePlus (Verizon)
$80 4¢/min 1 year
$50 5¢/min 120 days
$25 6¢/min 120 days
$10 10¢/min 120 days

5¢ texts, 25¢ MMS

--------------

TMobile's $30
Talk or Text: 1500
Data: 30mb

PagePlus (Verizon) $29.95
Talk: 1200
Text: 3000
Data: 250mb
thor793
join:2005-09-10
Schaumburg, IL

thor793

Look into their Monthly4G plans
Two I know of:
$30, 100 minutes, Unlimited Texts, 5GB Data (what I use)
$70, Unlimited minutes, Unlimited Texts, 5GB Data

I use VOIP with the $30 plan when on wifi at work and at home to stay under the 100 minute cap. Even after that it's only 10 cents per minute...which means I can use up 400 more minutes before it reaches the unlimited plan. If I were to reach that regularly , I would switch...but I don't exceed it at all thanks to VOIP. I have never exceeded the 5GB cap...most of the time I stay under 2GB...and that's with tethering my tablet via wifi.

And use a phone like the Galaxy Nexus which is a pentaband phone built to support both T-Mobile and AT&T.

»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· 4g-plans

buddahbless
join:2005-03-21
Premium

buddahbless to Terabit

to Terabit
I would semi agree with you however as other users have stated look at there monthly plans vs other monthly prepaid plans and not by the min plans, TMOs majority prepaid client el are on monthly plans. And even though TMO has exclusivity to 1700 aws band as long as there phones are multi-band/quad band and can roam there would be no problem ( If there was a real nationwide roaming agreement in place).

That is the major hurdle that holds TMO back. TMO does not have to fully cater to rural areas as there main goal is major metro areas. However the need to have basic service in these rural areas is a major drawback. One even straight talk knew and made sure not to ignore with there agreement with ATT. Anyone who has ever had straight talk knows there is no data coverage nationwide but access to talk/txt is. TMO You may not be able to have data access everywhere but you should be able to access talk and txt everywhere and thats the bottom line in claiming nationwide service.

With there prepaid rate plans I do believe they need to be more competitive. Similar to there plans on Walmart mobile, TMO very own prepaid 4G plans should have a add a line feature. $50 unlimited should be( or similar) add line 2 for $40, line 3 for $30, and line 4 for $20. An entire family of 4 could have unlimited everything for $140 a month and since that includes taxes it would even undercut all the big 3s offers. That would woo a lot of postpaid family plan customers of the big 3 to TMO. I previously had a family plan on sprint for 4 and it was not even unlimited and it was costing me $225 a mth for 4.

Im just waiting on the bump in data usage the 100mb has to go! It was talked about last yr before the buyout that they would raise that to a full 1GB of 4G before throttling and that still has not happened ( the pricier plans would be raise respectively as well). Well come on TMO time to shake up the prepaid world again.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

With ST, if you have an AT&T SIM, you will get data everywhere the AT&T network is, including roaming partners.
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to Terabit

to Terabit

US prepaid data is competitive only with T-Mobile

said by Terabit:

The problem with tmobile is that their plans are not competitive and their network is stuck on frequencies used by nobody but themselves. This enormous limitation has prevented a lot of people from switching.

TMobile's PAYG
$100 10¢/min 1 year
$50 13¢/min 90 days
$30 19¢/min 90 days
$10 33¢/min 90 days

WTF is that? What is "¢/min", minutes of what?

If you're talking about GSM Voice and Sprint-like slow data, then T-Mobile USA has the very same frequencies that AT&T and any other GSM provider in North America has; supported by all iPhones and nearly any GSM world phone. It's more difficult to find a phone that wouldn't support it, than the other way around.

Personally, I have their 5GB@4G plan for 30$/30days, with a Galaxy Nexus from Google for ~350$; getting great speeds and can't complain about coverage; price is as good as it gets in North America!

AT&T doesn't even come close as far as competitiveness goes! StraightTalk, maybe; but their ToS prohibits just about anything: »[StraightTalk] T&C prohibit streaming, app shops [legal][TC].
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

As long as you're under 2GB/mo and 100MB/day, they won't bother you.