»www.google.com/finance/c ··· niQKvmQE

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

viperm

Premium Member

HMMM interesting but will it really spell the end? Kozumi USA Corp a dist stole code and is making fake UBNT product for sale in South America. Isnt that "theft" and the Kozumi company is at fault here.

Now that said UBNT is wrong for not disclosing this how that affect everything is yet to be seen. Who is bigger and has deeper pockets to pay the lawyers is what it boils down to.

Just my 2 cents

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

1 recommendation

WHT to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
Very old news.....Anyone can make headlines by announcing they think they just might, MIGHT ... have found a cash cow in shaking down victims.
thewisperer
Premium Member
join:2008-01-16

thewisperer to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
maybe they should have set up shop north of the border

here you sue for a good reason

I was shocked to read about a patient suing a Canadian hospital for negligence; she is in a wheelchair: amount asked: 750 thousand.

In the US that would have been 20 million
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

These various class action lawsuits allege that Ubiquiti defrauded their investors/shareholders by deliberately withholding the information about Kozumi which artificially inflated the value of their stock. They are further alleging that multiple SEC rules were broken and fraud was committed.

Typically, companies settle these lawsuits and the attorney's make off with millions.

While it may be "old news" I, as a shareholder, was just notified of the proceedings.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6 to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
»infosecusa.com/cases/ubi ··· poration
John Galt6

John Galt6 to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
»ubntfacts.blogspot.com/
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

WAAAAAHHHHH

Somebody stole my designs that I stole from everyone else.

The only difference is, Kozumi didn't redesign/repackage the stolen ideas like UBNT does.

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT

And what ideas did UBNT steal?
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

c'mon Justin, really? They have all but flaunted the fact they are trying to use Motorola's ideas...
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa

said by wirelessdog:

They have all but flaunted the fact they are trying to use Motorola's ideas...

Isn't that like trying to steal?
thewisperer
Premium Member
join:2008-01-16

thewisperer to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
ideas come in the form of patents: thus lawsuits can emerge

has Motorola claimed that there was infringement on the part of Ubnt?
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

I'm not sure what that really has to do with this topic.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

said by wirelessdog:

I'm not sure what that really has to do with this topic.

Perhaps you could explain what ideas they are trying to steal use...
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

I was simply reporting something I was not previously aware of and believed to benefit other members of this forum.

I see no benefit in engaging in a Moto/Ubiquiti pissing match.
join:2011-04-18

All of your posts really seem to try to encourage this pissing match

WHT
Rosston, TX

WHT to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
said by wirelessdog:

c'mon Justin, really? They have all but flaunted the fact they are trying to use Motorola's ideas...

The operative word is "but". UBNT has not flaunted anything. 802.11n modulation, TDMA polling, and GPS synch are not proprietary Motorola ideas.

This is no evidence that secret inside information wasn't disclosed to investors - until it is, there is nothing to see and we can move along. I can understand you are pissed off, but for the wrong reasons and against the wrong company.
raytaylor
join:2009-07-28

raytaylor to wirelessdog

to wirelessdog
From »ubntfacts.blogspot.com

He also wanted to steal Senao / Engenius engineers. his offer to everyone was US$50K joining bonus + double salary and they do reverse engineering on their PABX product. I gave him details on their engineers that ime and he wanted them to come and just make same thing for him.

I sure do hope something comes from this - I want a ubnt PBX system. Specifically voip ata's
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to WHT

to WHT
On the contrary, I am not pissed off. Pissed off would have been the SR9 and PS2 debacle years ago before UBNT became cool

DaDawgs
Premium Member
join:2010-08-02
Deltaville, VA

DaDawgs to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog
What did they try to steal? Hmm, they hired a principle engineer from Motorola. His job was to bring the motorola tech to UBNT. He was supposed to bring a TDMA product to UBNT.

Now whenever a company does that, they are suspect because it is entirely too easy for that engineer to just steal the technology that has been already developed.

In this case, clearly that was not done, for one of two reasons: Either A) the man they hired totally failed to grok the motorola design ro B) he was an honest man trying to find a new and better way.

Either way, the failure of UBNT to provide a viable TDMA system demonstrates that they stole nothing.

I should add that I have not even read this forum in months so if UBNT has actually delivered functional TDMA stuffz, I would have missed it and I am therefore clearly talking out of my arse. =P

seagreen
Mod
join:2001-05-14
out there

seagreen

Mod

(topic move) The beginning of the end for Ubiquiti?

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »Reasonably Priced TDMA?