Expand your moderator at work
saphier
join:2012-11-10

saphier to technocar2

to technocar2

Re: Stuck on DOCSIS 2 speeds?

said by technocar2:

Try »192.168.100.1

First thing I tried! Didn't work unfortunately with the Hitron. But the numbers should be the same. I checked before I ditched the DPC3825 for the Hitron this morning.

The hitron just does not seem to want to give me the status when it is fully connected for one reason or another. But the levels should not be that much different - same location, just different modems a few hours later.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by saphier:

said by technocar2:

Try »192.168.100.1

First thing I tried! Didn't work unfortunately with the Hitron. But the numbers should be the same. I checked before I ditched the DPC3825 for the Hitron this morning.

The hitron just does not seem to want to give me the status when it is fully connected for one reason or another. But the levels should not be that much different - same location, just different modems a few hours later.

The reason why I want to know upstream numbers and modem log are because if rogers is conducting tests in your area for upstream bonding it could cause speed issues that result from node stability.

Another thing you could try is connect your computer directly to the modem without the router and then check. And connect the computer to port 1.
saphier
join:2012-11-10

saphier

said by technocar2:

said by saphier:

said by technocar2:

Try »192.168.100.1

The reason why I want to know upstream numbers and modem log are because if rogers is conducting tests in your area for upstream bonding it could cause speed issues that result from node stability.

Another thing you could try is connect your computer directly to the modem without the router and then check. And connect the computer to port 1.

Yeah I tried all that with the Rogers tech already. Tried it with the main computer, and my laptop. And for kicks I just tried it on a different cable outlet. Speed starts off nice with the speedboost activated, then slowly and surely it goes back to 12mbps (1.6~/Mbps on a test Win7 download from MS's servers).

As for the modem log, I would love to provide those, but like I said, Hitron's status page just doesn't seem to be working at the usual address.