spc
Search similar:

uniqs
eighty9535
join:2012-11-10
North Babylon, NY

eighty9535

[Northeast] New here

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have lots of questions but would first like to be pointed towards the FAQs section regarding multiple Actiontec installs and if this forum has an iPhone app.

TIA.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

The link to the FAQs is right at the top of the page:
quote:
Links: ·FiOS Map ·Vz FiOS FAQ ·General Fiber Optics ·Vz FiOS Monitors ·Submit a FAQ

Or here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ
eighty9535
North Babylon, NY

eighty9535

Thanks.
eighty9535

eighty9535

So I have a problem

I followed the steps here in using to fios routers to extend my wireless range.
The main router is set a 192.168.1.1 the second with coax LAN disabled set to 192.168.1.2 both have the same SSID/password

The Main Router is set to give out addresses from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.254

Everything was working fine until I started watching On Demand programs. My Internet connection went down. After turning off the on demand and restarting my PCs and both routers was I able to get online again.

Any clues as to why?

I am using 2 MI424WR Rev I

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

How are you connecting the routers? There are 10 different methods as explained here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

You can't simply connect two Actiontecs to the coax. FIOS doesn't allow two coax WAN connections. You need to disable the coax WAN on the second router. See the instructions here:
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »Can I get an ethernet connection in a room with only coax?
eighty9535
North Babylon, NY

1 edit

eighty9535

I meant to say coax WAN in the second router is off. I used that very same faq to get the instructions how to do it. Is there a specific FAQ for the Rev. I actiontec?
eighty9535

eighty9535

Anyone have an opinions in what's going on with my setup?