share rss forum feed

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
reply to HoboJ

Re: Dell Ultrasharp U2412M on sale, $289

My 2560 x 1600 monitor does not have four inputs for four PC's.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22

said by urbanriot:

My 2560 x 1600 monitor does not have four inputs for four PC's.

Mine does. I've got enough inputs of various formats on my U2711 to connect five inputs (2xDVI, 1xDP, 1xHDMI, 1xVGA), on top of the television inputs (1xComposite, 1xComponent). If you ignore all the analog inputs, you can even use cheap or passive adapters to get from four computers' digital outputs to the monitor's digital input.

This is one of the big flaws with the U2412M. It's one of their midrange monitors, not high-end, so it only has a basic set of inputs (1xVGA, 1xDVI, 1xDP). You couldn't use it, for example, to connect an xbox digitally, because it has no HDMI, and even with an adapter, you'd have no audio (the U2711 decodes HDMI audio to a headphone jack that you can connect to your sound system).
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

You have a strange idea of what a "big flaw" is! The inability to connect an Xbox to it without an adapter isn't something most people would ever think about. Another thing you can't do with the U2412M is lay it flat and use it as a cutting board, because you'd crack the screen! It is, however, designed to be a computer monitor, and does that job extremely well.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by Wolfie00:

Another thing you can't do with the U2412M is lay it flat and use it as a cutting board, because you'd crack the screen!

You sure?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGVTp7eCWBo

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8

Those are German iPads -- built for endurance!