share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to saphier

Re: Stuck on DOCSIS 2 speeds?

said by saphier:

Let's try to keep things civil around here!

Admittedly, the fur does fly here on occasion. But our goal is all the same. Getting at the truth.

And the only way to get at that truth is to shake the hell out of the Rogers tree..........

aibojk

join:2004-05-25
Richmond Hill, ON
Saphier,

Any update? I am about to get this package but I don't want to be stuck at 12Mbps.

Aibo

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
said by aibojk:

Saphier,

Any update? I am about to get this package but I don't want to be stuck at 12Mbps.

Aibo

If you want higher usage you are better off with TPIA, if you want higher speed then rogers is the only option.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

2 edits
reply to aibojk
said by aibojk:

Saphier,

Aibo

This package is remaining at 12mbps at this time.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that this package is currently provisioned at 12mbps when the regular express was ALREADY at 18mbps. If it didn't get the bump to 18mbps, do we really think Rogers is going to bump this to 25mbps?

Zforgetabout

@rogers.com
I own a DOCSIS 2 modem @ 10 Mb/s.

I had a casual DOCSUIS 3 modem pre-purchase concern, and a Rogers rep immediately agreed I could try a provisioned rental DOCSIS 3 modem for up to a month, and make my own measurements.

Afterwards I could make an informed choice about a DOCSIS 3 modem and/or service purchase. If I didn't want to permanently change anything, then simply return the modem and re-provision my personal one.

I haven't yet done this as I'm currently satisfied with my 10 MB/s, but this seems a very reasonable low-risk approach.