Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

4 recommendations

Puran Defrag - I am not touting anything...

But I am letting you know about a program that I just ran for the first time. Puran Defrag, »www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Defr ··· rag.html , is a program I learned about via this Forum, and although I was using what I thought to be a good degragger, Defraggler, and a fast one, I just tried Puran Defrag. I am shocked at the speed that this defregger cleaned my system, 23+ minutes. Normally, the fastest clean I have had has been over an hour. I don't defrag often, so when I do, and with much moving around of files having been done, I would normally do it at night when I am not using the system. Today, I shut down, did my usual pre-cleanup, and off I went with Puran. I am just letting others know, who might also be thinking about trying it, that it probably would be worth your while to do so...just my opinion, of course.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

hayc59
Your a Daisy
Premium
join:2001-02-26
David R.I.P.
kudos:21

1 recommendation

Jay, this is what I have running also and
it is sweet fast and does what is advertised.oh and free

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to jaykaykay
Also available with the Puran Utilities bundle [Free],an excellent suite of very useful tools...

»www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Util ··· ies.html

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to jaykaykay
I've used My Defrag for years on my other OS's but with W7/8 defragging really isn't as necessary if at all [is it?]..........so I just use the Windows app once a month.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

clocks11

join:2002-05-06
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by ZZZZZZZ:

I've used My Defrag for years on my other OS's but with W7/8 defragging really isn't as necessary if at all [is it?]..........so I just use the Windows app once a month.

I agree. Windows 7/8 runs the defrag program in the background on its own. You don't really need to do anything.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

4 recommendations

reply to hayc59
said by hayc59:

Jay, this is what I have running also and
it is sweet fast and does what is advertised.oh and free

I once knew a gal like that.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

sekim
Premium,MVM
join:1999-08-17
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to jaykaykay
I never took the time to search it .. maybe someone can point to the info ?

Win 7 by default defrags Wed mornings 1am.
Does it do the switches for -b & -x , boot optimization & consolidate free space then too ?

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy
reply to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

I didn't know that. Obviously, I am still running an older version. Fortunately, as things stand now, I rarely have to defrag either, but when I do, it's nice to be running such a fast program in comparison to some others I've used in the past.
--
JKK

Age is a very high price to pay for my maturity. If I can't stay young, I can at least stay immature!

»www.pbase.com/jaykaykay

jeff17

join:2000-12-11
US
reply to jaykaykay
Has anyone ever proven that defragging changes performance at a perceptable level?

clocks11

join:2002-05-06
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by jeff17:

Has anyone ever proven that defragging changes performance at a perceptable level?

Not that I have seen. I think it made a larger impact years ago, when drives were slower. The last test I saw from MaximumPC, some of the defrag programs actually made performance worse! (start-up times, shut down times, etc...)

I think defrag programs are similar to screen savers in a sense. 15 years ago they supposedly helped prevent burn-in on your monitor, but now they are not needed due to better technology.

I would love to see an independent test, not sponsored by a defrag company, that shows real improvements from defragging your hard drive.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
Hell even years ago, you could just (*gasp*) turn off the monitor.